Thread: Failed to update virus definitions in Norton AntiVirus 2012 Public Beta

Rajni Guest

Failed to update virus definitions in Norton AntiVirus 2012 Public Beta

in my computer I have installed Norton AntiVirus 2012 Public Beta and suddenly it has started giving me some issues while updating the antivirus. In my system whenever It tried to update Norton AntiVirus 2012 Public Beta at that time it gets failed. Now please tell me what I should do to solve this issue.

Re: Failed to update virus definitions in Norton AntiVirus 2012 Public Beta

First you have to check whether you are getting this error while doing updating the antivirus. when Norton AntiVirus 2012 Public Beta shows you that update has failed at that time you have to check first that whether you get any error or any message or not.

unfortunately I don’t have Norton AntiVirus 2012 Public Beta in my computer to check but as far as I know you must be having option for the repair this software and that is why I would like to tell you that first you have to click on the start menu and after at hat you have to click on the control panel option. Now after that you have to select the add remove programs. Now after clicking on the add remove programs you have to click on the Norton AntiVirus 2012 Public Beta and after that click on the uninstall option and after that check whether you are getting the option for the repair or not. if you get the repair optician then you have to click on the repair option and after clicking the repair option it will solve all the problem of the Norton AntiVirus 2012 Public Beta.

Now after doing that you have to check whether you are able to update the virus definition properly or not. I think after doing that you will be able to update the virus definition. if you need any more information regarding this then please let me know.

Rajni Guest

Well after going through your replies I have first checked that about error while getting the error message but when Norton AntiVirus 2012 Public Beta shows update failed at that time I didn’t get any error and when I click on the more information at that time it opens update summery option. now after that I have also checked about the repair option but there is no such option available. now please tell me how to get rid of this issue.

If you are having issues while updating the Norton AntiVirus 2012 Public Beta virus definitions by running the live update then I will suggest you try to solve this issue by doing following steps. first you have to go to the official page of the Norton and from there you have to download the latest update file and after downloading that you have to install that in your system and after installing it you will not get any issue. I hope this solution will be helpful for you and you will be able to solve the issue as soon as possible. try this trick and after that let me know what the result is.

yes I think updating the Norton AntiVirus 2012 Public Beta manually will do the trick and that is why I will suggest you try this solution and after that you will not get any problem with Norton AntiVirus 2012 Public Beta.

If you don’t know from where to download the Norton AntiVirus 2012 Public Beta then I will help you with this. First you have to click here DOWNLOAD and after clicking here you have to click on the download definitions yellow button and after that save it on your desktop and after that you have to double click on that.

Well there was similar problem occurred in my computer and after that I have tried to solve this issue by trying defend solution but after that also I was facing the same problem now after that I have also tried to solve this issue by updating the Norton AntiVirus 2012 Public Beta manually and after that I was wondering that while updating manually all the things are working fine but updating from the live update am not able to update the virus definitions. now after that I have emailed my problem to Norton support and after that then have told me to turn on the smart definition feature from the Norton AntiVirus 2012 Public Beta. Now after reading the reply I have turn on the smart definition from the Norton AntiVirus 2012 Public Beta and after Turing on the smart definition all the things started working properly. I think you should also try this solution and after that check whether it makes any difference or not.

if you don’t know about how to turn on the smart definitions in Norton AntiVirus 2012 Public Beta then you have to do the following steps.
    • first you have to open the Norton AntiVirus 2012 Public Beta.
    • Now after that you have to click on the setting option.
    • After clicking on the setting you have to click on the computer tab.
    • in computer tab you have to turn on the smart definitions update.

after doing that your problem will get solved

if you are not able to solve this problem after Turing on the smart definitions option in the Norton AntiVirus 2012 Public Beta then I will suggest you to try to solve this issue by reinstalling the Norton AntiVirus 2012 Public Beta in your computer and after uninstalling the Norton AntiVirus 2012 Public Beta you will be able to update the smart definitions features.

Rajni Guest

I have followed your given steps for the turning on the smart definition feature in Norton AntiVirus 2012 Public Beta and after that turning on the smart definition option Norton AntiVirus 2012 Public Beta started getting updates properly and it doesn’t give any problem. I really appreciate your help.