Thread: norton NIS 2012 extension lost after chrome installation

norton NIS 2012 extension lost after chrome installation

Guys here I am having some problem and the problem is that After having reinstalled the Google Chrome the major setback for me was that I lost norton (NIS 2012) extension. Can anyone tell me that How can I get back the extension (The one I am talking about lol) without reinstalling Norton. Any help in this regard will be most welcome. Guys please take me out of the trouble.

Re: norton NIS 2012 extension lost after chrome installation

One thing you can do is that You might try a portable version of chrome. Check to see if that helps you out.

Before answering to your query I would like to know one thing that Is it showing up in the in the list of Extensions?

Hi,
    • have you uninstalled the Norton extension by. Option or by uninstalling it from Customize and control chrome=>option=>Tools=>Extensions=> Clicking Uninstall link.
    • check whether Norton Identity Protection extension is disabled under "Customize and control chrome" option=>Tools=>Extensions. If it’s disabled then please Enable it.
    • Tell us the description of Chrome. You can check the description of chrome under Customize and control chrome option=>About Google Chrome.
    • What is the description of NIS-BETA? (Product version can be seen under Support=>About from Norton Internet Security 2012 UI, version number might be looking something like this 19-1-0-16 etc)
    • Can you tell me the OS info.

Well In don’t think that I am such a naïve in this well still the info here I am providing you
    • Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64
    • Norton 19.0.0.17
    • Chrome version 12.0.742.122
    • Norton extension has no in the extension list

I cant tell you what exactly went wrong with you, here is some suggestion to enable extension in your Chrome. Copy the Chrome.crx from Program files Norton Internet Security Engine Build No Extension to c:\chrome\extension for instance Use a 7zip application to extract the .crx zip able to extract .crx files. Chrome, go to extension pages chrome://extensions in address bar or Wrench icon=>Tools=>Extension Expand Developer Mode=>Click on Load Unpacked Extension, go for choosing the folder where you extracted that chrome.crx, Ok.

It is easy in a large amount to just doing a drag and drop the .CRX file on your Google Chrome, and Chrome will install it. Unluckily Google make is it very hard for users to get an extension back after a user uninstalled.

That one I think is the rather very old build. I put forward you uninstall it first and then install the newest. Even though, restoring to a backup prior to the install of the beta is most desired.

Thanks Guys I am trying this and let me have a check on this I will let you know further issues if any. Thanks!

As of many cases, Chrome doesn't have toolbars since it brings browsers to a crawl, it has to do with Chrome's blueprint Chrome's philosophy is to be as smallest but useful as potential - and toolbars are usually measured clutter. Instead of sustaining toolbars, Chrome aims to restore toolbar functionality by using only Extensions, and also by searching streamlined conduct to put together Google Toolbar functions into the browser itself.

Yeah Thanks guys that worked for me uninstalling the older one and getting the new version worked for me thanks guys!