Thread: Some unexpected email by Norton management

Some unexpected email by Norton management

Guys what I have found is I am getting some unwanted email form the Norton management and they have been saying that my system in not safer now and I am having a valid subscription and still why it has been saying that can anyone let me know what is this has anyone got this email ever please help me out of this?

Re: Some unexpected email by Norton management

Nope I have never got any such email ever I think that if the antivirus would not be working then they would be prompting up on the system itself they won’t be bothering to send the mail until you interact with them by sending any mails or so to them this is bit weird.

Well I think this is Phishing I think someone is trying make you his victim of phishing just delete that email and don’t reply to it and may be you have been already been phished by click on that email, I hope you know what is Phishing if not then just google about it you would know what it is and how they have been attacking you. Many of the users have been got this problem and has been suffering with such cases. You must know that Norton is having so many user how would they keep on tracing to each one of them by saying that there system is not secured or so and that too when you have recently buyed the key and have been using it. May this would be the case if it would have been a date closer to your key expiry then you may have got but just for no reason they won’t be sending you any mails and then also you need to know that any of the antivirus has a capability to show by itself that the system is not secured or so if that isn’t showing it then you don’t need to worry about anything and just quit that email that is from some cheaters so avoid it.

Surely it is a phishing problem because I have never heard that the Norton has been sending the email saying that there system in not secured may they would send a mail saying that there is a new offer or new update version or so but this case is weird same suggestion be away from it doesn’t looks like genuine mail.

You don’t need to worry I think there is nothing as such may be your system was not protected and was having some problem but some of the features in this new version has solved it on its own and so it haven’t been showing about it on your system don’t worry about it, happens you can get email this would be the service from the Norton and they must be trying to be always in touch with their customer so that they would be solving the problem of their user and keep them awake form any problem and threats.

I think the reason for receiving this email is you must have gone through with the option under notification saying Email me if device is at risk and this is in the Norton management tab so no need to your its just genuine and you have received it because you have interacted with them.

You need to know about the three features about this and then you would not have any such question so lets look out for them and they would be under the notification so they are:

Email me if device is at risk
    • Email me if my device is removed remotely from Norton Management
    • Email me when my product is remotely uninstalled
    These are the option which you would be finding as a nice feature and a help from the Norton and this is very useful many time.

No problem at all the posters are right I have also got some mails like this and they were genuine there is nothing as phishing and all right now with you don’t need to be tensed everything is fine.