Thread: Mac DLNA Server to work with Samsung LED TV's

Mac DLNA Server to work with Samsung LED TV's

Hey all, I am having Samsung LED TV and now I want Mac DLNA Server that will work with my Samsung LED TV. If you have any idea about the Mac DLNA Server which will work fine with the Samsung LED TV's then please suggest me. I am getting confused that which Mac server should I buy for using with my Samsung LED TV. Please help me.

Re: Mac DLNA Server to work with Samsung LED TV's

On my Macbook pro I am currently trying for the TwonkyMedia serve. I am using this one because It sees the TV ok over the wireless, and also I am using the wireless USB key from Samsung TV. But currently I don’t have the idea for the uploading the file using this. I am facing the problem that I am not able to have any way to stream anything from the server to the TV. I will suggest you to look forward for this if anyone have investigated this.

Yeah, now I get it. I am having set up the server on the Mac and now I am sure that it can see the Samsung TV. After that you can browse the content on the TV not on the laptop. To access either the internal memory or any connected source I hit on the "media p" button. In my case My laptop showed up directly away. But still even as I can browse all the folders correctly for video, sound & photos, almost none of the files play. And my TV is indicating that media player is now exiting. I am trying to get one video downloaded from the iTunes EP but it is also not working in this case. In my TV, no photo and music. I think that his is happening because of the media server is not up to scratch but I am not sure.

I think that in your case Rivet might work, you can also download the demo for it. I am suggesting you for the Rivet because of I think that Rivet frees your media from the confines of your Mac’s hard drive. It will also help you to Access content with your Xbox 360 or PS3 without need to copy or synchronize. Using this you can enjoy the photos and musing on your TVs big screen. And I think that It will not work with the developer's own 7 series. In this stage this is not DLNA compliant and also it will not work with the 7 series. I will suggest you to use this but this time I am not making any guarantees. And also at least for the video I wouldn't really add up on using the TV as you're media customer. This plays only limited formats and it also don’t play some of the formats that it appears to having in its criteria. If you are thinking that it will be good for you then go for that and see is that good for you or not? And if it is working as per your requirements then report me back over here.

Hey, I tried with the DLNA servers for the Mac and still I am also having the same result. I think this is because they both shares the same library and Samsung sees them. And I am getting the problem as the entire file formats are reported as invalid. I am not getting this thing because of the all the files which I have is JPG format, but out of them only some are working in DLNA server. If you have any better idea to get it to work then please report me back.

Friends, I bought Samsung 37B658 LCD and I am thinking that could I skip the Apple TV box I have sitting next to the TV? First let me tell you that there is latest version avail from Samsung of their PC Share Manager – Version 2.1 and if you can get it then try to get it. I am using the Mac Mini 1.66 GHz Intel Core Duo running 10.5.7. And in this I tried Rivet version 2.2 in the different setups wired and wireless also and for this I bought the wireless dongle also. And I tried installing the Share Manager under Virtual Box but still I am not able to get the connection with the TV. I don’t think that Wireless DNLA - do not go down that way. And if you are also trying to connect the TV using the wireless dingle then I will recommend you to not go for the wireless dongle, go for the wired connection only. While using the Rivet it is giving the error as "unsupported file format" while I am trying to play but album art and picture preview works ok. This error I am getting only when it is connected via wireless. So I want to know that what it can be used for. That might be ok for sporadic showing of a family picture or 10, but not a whole show.

I am having Samsung Wi-Fi dongle and Samsung UE40B7000. Also I am having the trial version of the Elgato EyeConnect for supporting the Samsung to read and stream from folders I share which are on my MPB, on my time capsule and also in my external HDD connected to the Time Capsule. In this case MPB need to be running for the work. Using the time capsule to the TV I had tried to stream the 720p content and all are played very nice in this. And this will take some time to play the file first time. So I will suggest you to use this and hope that it will help in your case.

I think that the problem with the Samsung DLNA clients are that they are not fully UPnP compliant which means that pause. For that reason I had called the Samsung and I am still trying to explain the issue to them but I think that either they didn't want to understand or they just don't get it. But well I have a WD 4TB ShareSpace NAS that hold all my media and has a TwonkyMedia media server built into the firmware. And also I think that . It is NOT worth paying the extra money to get.

If still you are having the same problem then try to use the following steps and hope that this will work in your case.

1. Install vmware

2. Install Windows XP

3. Install supplied DNLA software from Samsung.

Hey thanks for your suggestion for the Mac DLNA Server to work with Samsung LED TV, it works with my Samsung TV. According to your suggestion, now I am trying with the wired connection for the Wi-Fi and also it is working great in my case.