Thread: Is new Microsoft security essential update kb2544035 a fake update

Is new Microsoft security essential update kb2544035 a fake update

Guys I have heard that the new Microsoft security essential update kb2544035 is a fake upgrade is that true? Have anyone experienced about this then please help me out of this I am really confused to go with it or not? I don’t understand whom to trust and I want to know why some of the guys have been stating up that this up gradation is fake.

Re: Is new Microsoft security essential update kb2544035 a fake update

Well I think that it is true because when I was trying to upgrade my MSE I wasn’t able to do that so I thought that this is a fake up gradation and when you have also heard about this then I think that’s true that they are a fake up gradation.

Nope guys don’t go with the rumor that’s not true at all I have found out that this upgrades MSE to v 2.1.x and you can get it done easily and if you are having any problem with the up gradation and all then you need to follow this link Update KB972696 for Microsoft Security Essentials fails with the error message 80070005 and then see if it is helping you out of this and then if you are not able to do anything just try to get updated it with some other up gradation and then again upgrade it and see if you are helped.

I have been able to get my MSE upgraded easily and it was easily done you must be having some problem with the firewall and all just close them and see you would be able to do it and I think its not a fake up gradation it works nicely and have been more better performing the previous one.

Hey I would be asking you not to listen all this rumors around I would be asking you to go to the MSE and there is the option for downloading the new upgradation itself you can do it directly from there you don’t need to search for any of them over net and all. I wonder why you guys keep on searching for upgrade and all and then download some fake installation or a corrupted setup and then start abusing the developers better than that why not to open the application and search for the latest upgrdation and if there would be any upgradation it would be asking to upgrade to it and from there you can do it easily and you would get a proper upgrade too.

I have one more solution why not too just uninstall the current application from the control panel and then go to the genuine Microsoft site and then from there simply downloaded the latest version of that application and get your problem solved. Enjoy.

Nice to see so many comments over my query and thanks a lot for helping me out ya i did the up gradation in the same way as you said and it was done it was bit simple i just got worried for no reason anyways i just wanted to know about this and have a new upgrade for my MSE and i have got it so now no worries and now i am waiting for next other upgrade because i havent saw anything special in this.