Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 29-08-2011

Network Inspection System signatures are disabled in Microsoft Security Essential

Hey Microsoft Security Essential users can you help me? My problem is I have found that Network Inspection System signatures are disabled in this application so I want to know is it default or I have done some changes and I don?t remember and can I turn it on if yes how and if no what?s the problem with this can anyone help me with this?
Old 29-08-2011

Re: Network Inspection System signatures are disabled in Microsoft Security Essential

Well what I know about this is that this has been by there design and they have been indicating that the network Inspection system has been working correctly and all of the signatures have been off and until it has been able to found any virus or any vulnerable stuff. And in order to make the ensure that the NIS does not impact the system performance with any unnecessary activity and the signatures are been activated when the system has not been patched with the specific vulnerability. And if your system is fully patched then none of the signatures would be turning on ever and NIS would be stopped doing any network traffic inspection this is how if works.
Old 29-08-2011

Re: Network Inspection System signatures are disabled in Microsoft Security Essential

Ok so if you have been looking for something more about it than you need to look at the NisLog.txt and there you would be finding up the note on why and for what the signatures have been not activated. I would like to give you one example about the NIS protects with the MS08-067 which is an vulnerability that has been exploited with the conficker worm.
Old 29-08-2011

I don?t think you need to take any step for it I mean with you don?t have to bother about changing the rules and all for this applications they have been designed as to perform better and they don?t harm the performance of the system so they would be working nicely without any problem for sure. Just enjoy the application as it is and I am sure you won?t find any problem of any threats in your system and would be able to enjoy this application a lot.
Old 30-08-2011

Fact speaking this was something new for me i dint had any idea about this and i have been wondering what it is about. and hwy they have been kept them off. if i wouldn't have asked it over here i wouldn't have got any clue about this what it is and it was quit irritating thanks for suggesting me and helping me out.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,