Thread: Ftp slow transfer in western digital my book live

Ftp slow transfer in western digital my book live

Western Digital MyBook live I can download files within my local area network with a speed of 25 MB /s. But when I download a file using FTP over the Internet begins with 10kb /s. Does anybody have an idea of what the difficulty is?

Re: Ftp slow transfer in western digital my book live

Maybe you should endeavor to contact WD Technical Support about this. You be capable of do this either by phone or email.

Try this
    Code
    Code:
    wget ftp://11.221.85.115
    --2011-03-22 18:09:16--  ftp://11.221.85.115/speedtest/100mb.bin
               => `100mb.bin'
    Connecting to 11.221.85.115... connected.
    Logging in as anonymous ... 
    The server refuses login.
    Retrying

I have tried several places and did not help. Also bought a new router because the old one had some problems with other things. But the connection is reduced to a few bytes per second. Ports are open; do not really know what to do.

I HAVE the same router as you - Netgear WDNR3700 - works perfectly. Only I did not like the default firmware (which is basically very unstable and even without ssh access to the router), so I installed DD-WRT (which probably broke the warranty), but I do not care).
    Code:
    root@router:~# uptime
     19:23:40 up 104 days, 21:24, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

MBL RMA'd my first color of the LED burned so this is my second unit, and as in my original it also suffers the same problem with slow downloads ftp wan, 5-7 KB / s. I tried another ftp server on my network and the top of my upload speed lines, 750/800KB/s .Transfers within my local network is fine.Ports have been sent and have tried a few things, but without success. This must be some kind of integration problem vsftpd system performance or perhaps a version error. Please see this working document. Also the configuration page of the FTP server desires more options in the My Book Live is not just a box to allow / dis allow what seems poor.

When you upgrade to firmware version 2.00.35 I tried some remote FTP transfers to see if my problem was resolved low speed and that he had been. A few days later a new update was out, version 1.2.06, I upgraded my MBL and for some cause at the moment my transfer rate has been sluggish remote FTP, again, not as slow as the firmware v1.XX but slow.

I thought it might be a bug in the latest update and tried to downgrade to the previous version but it won’t let me get an error invalid file or something. EDIT> Ok, after more evidence of what appears to be a random thing like where you can start FTP transfers 04.03 saturate my load, 98KB / s with QoS off. You are able to then cancel and decide other transfer files 3 / 4 and the speed is extremely slow, maybe 19KB / s .It must be something still wrong.