Thread: Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper is not starting prompting with error code 0x8004cc05

Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper is not starting prompting with error code 0x8004cc05

I am having a particular issue which I wanted to discuss with the users of this particular forum. I am trying to initiate Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper on the computer of mine. but it did not starting at all. I am getting Error 0x8004cc05 while doing the same. I have also tried to boot from the burned CD but it did not seem to working at all. Let me know why the above mentioned issue is being happening into the situation of mine. any help on this particular matter will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper is not starting prompting with error code 0x8004cc05

Well in order to find out the root cause of the problem you have to answer the following questions. Which operating system running on the computer? What is the hardware configuration of the computer? Do you have done any recent changes on the computer? if you are getting anything like error message than feel free to ask the same.

Re: Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper is not starting prompting with error code 0x8004cc05

I was also having the same problem which you have posted over here in this particular thread. After doing lots of research I have managed to fix the matter of mine. I have noticed that one of the network cable was plugged in. after removing that particular network cable the program was launching perfectly. If you are having anything like network cable on the computer than you should unplug from the system and see whether it is working or not. if you are having further query feel free to ask the same.

I am suspecting that there could be an issue with the software itself. Well I am suggesting that you should simply uninstall the software on the computer of yours and then you should restart the system and then you should again try to install the software.

I am suggesting that you should try to launch the Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper should open by booting the computer through safe mode. You have to use the following steps .
    • You should restart the computer of yours and press F8 from the keyboard.
    • Now you have to select Safe mode from the Advanced boot menu and press enter.
    • Once the computer is booted in to safe mode you should try to launch the software and see that whether it is working or not.

Looking at the problem which you have stated over here I am suspecting that there could be technical issue with the software. Well I am suggesting that you should contact the technical support team of Microsoft and ask for further help on this particular matter. they will work on the same and let you know about the possible solution which you should try to fix the matter of yours.