Thread: How I can upgrade twonky server in western digital my book?

How I can upgrade twonky server in western digital my book?

Twonky server currently in western digital my book which is running verison.1.9, Recently I saw a more recent version ie 6.0.30, how I can upgrade?

Re: How I can upgrade twonky server in western digital my book?

Anyone knows of any way to update Twonky Unofficial Live WD MyBook on. In my conversations with Twonky, they also told me concerning the updated Twonky server, although the efficient list of links I sent are not Western Digital, nor was information on how to carry out the update anyhow. My trouble has been the ability to view most video files on my BluRay DLNA enabled and all investigate points to Twonky still the major concern.

I bought a Western Digital My Book Live access the files wirelessly from Twonky Media Manager on it."A handful of MPEG files have been recognized, but the majority does not, which adds an extra layer of mystery to the circumstances. Why some are familiar, while others do not. Instructions for the Sony BDP-S370 is well-matched with MPEG and MP4 .Western Digital also announced that they do not mean to update Twonky on their devices, and are good to sell a product with a third-obsolete software can make your hardware is not working as it should.

I think there was a similar thread here about this Sony Blu-ray Disc. If you look carefully at the specifications are not compatible with all the many formats. Do a search on these forums and find the reply. we put the precise versions of DLNA server for a motive Not all versions work as well. We look at the version 6.0, but there were too many problems with it at the time.

Steps to upgrade:
    1. Download TwonkyMedia Server 6.0.32
    2. Copy the downloaded package in the root folder
    3. Extract the download file into the root folder.
    4. Create the following folder: / usr/local/twonkymedia-6.0.32
    5. Copy the following files and directories in / root / usr/local/twonkymedia-6.0.32:
      • Linux-howto.txt
      • Radio.m3u
      • Resources /
      • TwonkyMedia
      • Twonkymedia.sh
      • RevisionHistory
      • Cgi-bin /
      • Plugins /
      • Twonkymediaserver

6. Copy the following files / a usr/local/twonkymedia-5 / usr/local/twonkymedia-6.0.32:
      • Bg_trans
      • Start_bgtrans.sh
      • TwonkyMedia-server-default.ini
      • TwonkyMedia-server-default.ini.orig

7. Copy the file / usr / local / sbin / share-param.sh to / usr / local / sbin / share-param.sh.orig to create a backup
    8. VERY IMPORTANT STEP Edit the file / usr / local / sbin / share-param.sh and establish twonky_dir = / usr/local/twonkymedia-6.0.32
    9. Restart the twonky server.

I just called to support WD and short answer is no. And I confirmed once again that they do not intend to update the server version TwonkyMedia. This shows that could really give two nice slap to their "clients", after already taken advantage of well-earned Money.

Earlier versions are available for download or purchase. Before you buy or download these versions should be aware of three things:
    1. Hold up all 4.4.xy TwonkyServer 5.1.x is provide by other Twonky users in our online discussion.
    2. We are not to correct bugs as reported by consumers.
    3. Your license will work with the latest version, 6.0 TwonkyServer, who support us.

I am disappointed WD tired after dozens of emails and much to change things, without effective response from Twonky or WD. I realized that the solution is to upgrade to Twonky 6.0. I installed a PS3 Media Server on my computer, and can play well most of my videos from the NAS to the TV Sony. So, through no fault of Sony and guilt WD / Twonky. We need the Twonky 6.0.

Just a little information. Been in contact with Twonky support has told me that builds Twonky NAS units are ONLY Community supports and that usually drives for NAS is a special compilation.

Linux n00b I was able to copy and paste this in my terminal. My user interface is working and after buying the new version of Twonky everything’s great.