Thread: Does Microsoft Essential include anti spyware and antimalware?

Does Microsoft Essential include anti spyware and antimalware?

Hello Friends recently I have started having too many problems with my system. Like the system is taking too much of the time to start also my system always seems to be having loaded. Can anyone tell me why it is happening it was working fine a few days ago but I recently have started noting such problem? I am having the I am having the latest version of the Microsoft essential and Guys I want to know that whether it is sufficient to protect my system from all types of malicious attacks. Also does it include the anti spyware and antimalware features?

Re: Does Microsoft Essential include anti spyware and antimalware?

: Yes I think Microsoft Security Essential is fine enough and the answer to your questions is yes, it has all the features like Microsoft essential protects from all types of malware such as viruses, Trojans, adware, spyware, and root kits.

Here I will tell you one definite advantage about having Microsoft and Windows and MS Essential, but by means of a security package from the company that is having the full control over the operating system is a foremost benefit. One of the major troubles with antivirus scanners is that they examine some Windows files, believe they are malware and convey false positives that can be the source of the havoc on computers. Owning the OS has given Microsoft an obvious benefit that should help it bound those occurrences.

: Although McAfee and Symantec are both critical of Microsoft's anti-malware program, it's valuable to noting that the developing team of the free antivirus program AVG were pleased to see Microsoft release a free solution to protect Windows computers, saying this underscores its vision of free protection against malicious hackers. AVG challenges that protection shouldn't be a business plan. Microsoft seems to be agreeing with it. With any luck at all, the rest of the industry will offer security options that pursue the greater good over the greater revenue. I think it’s has sound argument and is reasonable to use the MS Essential for those who are having the Microsoft Windows as their Operating System.

Security Essentials seems like a fine match to other, more competent services on computers now. It's likely that it will find harms that other packages won't. Having just one security solution in place isn't sufficient.

I had a virus injected to my internet to both the internet Explorer and the Mozilla Firefox. The virus would open extra tabs like crazy until my memory was all used up. I HAD Norton antivirus and internet protective software installed and running, and I still got this virus. Once I figured out how to remove all of Norton’s files and registry errors and after numerous software downloads and scans, Microsoft Security Essentials was the only software that found, quarantined, and removed the FN virus. I at present do online gaming and it kind of lags, so prior to removing my Microsoft Security Essentials, I'm going to check if I can put it in my game to its firewall guard so it won't obstruct. Although I know that it may not be perfect, but it’s very helpful and works, and above the all it’s free. I find that it scans all the things. I download; it just never tells me that's what it’s doing. you can set up dates/times for it to do its full system scan hogs up Memory on my gaming, but it’s put to max out at half of the of resources, sufficient that if you're just working with documents and browsing the web it won’t let you system get dumped. It may not be perfect but I’m keeping it real. Hope this helps.

Microsoft has created one more product Microsoft Security Essential It's free, installs easily and it's attractive that is not ready for broad release. Not only will this product not find all viruses and spyware/malware and it will change PC settings that will wreak havoc for many users. Wait until version 2.0 if you want this product. In the mean time, keep what you have. It makes changes to existing PC settings that will annoy and frustrate users

MICROSOFT SECURITY ESSENTIAL 's been receiving a lot of admiration for being lightweight and helpful while being free. It can't be perfect, but I haven't been able to find very much to encourage somebody to opt for a paid option over MICROSOFT SECURITY ESSENTIAL . All I've found is MICROSOFT SECURITY ESSENTIAL doesn't appear to have scheduled scans. Also saw one person say it's not as good with unidentified malware, but that's one account and I've found other statements that disagree. So does anybody is familiar with what MICROSOFT SECURITY ESSENTIAL might be absent?

I cannot find the reason for someone saying good with unknown malware as it's done VERY well in 2x recent tests by AV-Comparatives.org...first test was for malware cleaning of recent samples, and the second test was a retrospective test with outdated definitions. It is Basically based on heuristics. And it did well...very well. You want to hear the Disadvantages? I thought the interface and control panel is too foolish down for some people, it's minimal in logging, but Don’t forget, it's aimed at the average home user for a target audience another disadvantage. It’s not licensed for use in businesses; it's only for home use. But this is also true for the other common freebies...AVG, Avast, AntiVir, etc.

Thanks All for your suggestion I suppose my query is solved here as I am having the good reviews from the expert people so I think I can use it and it will be beneficial for my system. Thanks all for your views.