Thread: Wireless G vs Wireless N - Difference in speed range

Wireless G vs Wireless N - Difference in speed range

I had seen many changes in the specification of a router. I had noticed as 802.11g or 802.11n. What is the different between this two different configuration. I am not able to determine the actual speed different between two router. If go for anyone of them blindly does the really matters. I just do not want to go for a wrong device that can cause issue in future. I need a mid range router that can be used for router and other purpose also.

Re: Wireless G vs Wireless N - Difference in speed range

That is a kind of standard configuration to use the different between router specification. The most common one is 802.11g which is widely used. This wifi routers are commonly found and are connected on local network. They support all common wifi devices that you can use. The standard band they operate is 2.4Ghz. You have to ensure that you if you are going to buy any router for personal use then you can look for router which offer you g specification. They can be used on lan also and all regular wifi standard. The same you can also notice on wifi devices.

Re: Wireless G vs Wireless N - Difference in speed range

The N standard are different. They are used for large scale purpose. The G standard are for office use and N are used with multiple antenna to offer you greater distance. The n devices are also find in nearby store and they can be used with your office as this also support the G standard. With multiple antenna configure on the router you can increase the scope of your wireless network. But one thing you need to ensure that whatever device you use on this router should meet the N standards or else will stay undetected. The operation band of this routers lies between 2.4Ghz to 5Ghz.