Thread: msseces.exe and explorer.exe are consuming 100% CPU after restarting the computer

msseces.exe and explorer.exe are consuming 100% CPU after restarting the computer

Well I have installed Window 7 on the computer of mine. I have also installed Microsoft Security Essential on the computer of mine. after installing the same I have restarted the computer of mine and I have noticed that the explorer.Exe and msseces.exe are sharing 100% of CPU cycle. This particular thing made the computer of mine totally unusable. Let me know if you are having any suggestion to fix the problem of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: msseces.exe and explorer.exe are consuming 100% CPU after restarting the computer

Well I was having the same problem which you have mentioned over here. I have run the AVG removal tool on the computer of mine. Because AVG was the only antivirus program which I was having in the past on the computer of mine. Luckily it really worked for me and I am not having the problem which is mentioned over here in this particular thread. Let me know the experience of yours who have solved the problem by learnig from it.

Re: msseces.exe and explorer.exe are consuming 100% CPU after restarting the computer

I am suggesting couple of thing which you can use to fix the problem of yours. First of all I want to know whether you have installed Windows Defender or not. if you are having Windows XP then you should uninstalled the same and you should disable the same if you have installed Windows 7 on the computer. second thing you should see that you have installed all the necessary service packs and patches on the computer of yours.

Well I am stating following things which you can try, I am not sure that it will work for you but it’s a worth to try. You need to check whether the Clock of the CPU is properly set and if there is an issue with the CPU clock then you need to do desired modification. Also you need to see the status of the Windows Firewall. You should on the same and also set the same to default. So try the above mentioned thing and tell me about the result.

Looking at the situation which you have provided over here I am suspecting that this performance issue is being happening due to HP CUE Discovery service. So tell me whether you are having that particular service on the computer. if your answer is yes then you need to disable the service on the computer. after doing the same you should reboot the computer. you should work on the above mentioned thing I am hoping that it will help you out.

Let me know any of the above mentioned solution worked for you. If it is not working at all then I am sure that you need to contact the Microsoft Support team for further help. You need to provide all the information regarding the computer of yours and also you should state the information regarding the problem which you are getting on the computer. the Microsoft support team will work on the situation and tell you about the solution to solve the problem.

Whenever explorer.exe if consumes high system resource then for sure your system is infected with a virus. The virus file is triggered with explorer.exe which spreads in your system and corrupt files. For that some precautionary measure is running System Restore. This can give you relief for some time only. You can backup your data and run a full system antivirus scan under safe mode. I recommend to use antivirus like Norton or any paid one which can scan thoroughly for each and every file. I am sure that msseces.exe might not be eating up to much cpu, it can be explorer.exe. If the issue increases the end option stays is to format your system and re-install Windows.

It is right explorer.exe consume more cpu resource when it is corrupted. You can test that by ending up the process from Task Manager. End it and check the system resource goes back to normal. There are some kind of bootable antivirus disc which scans your system for threat. Anyhow some antivirus can fix the explorer.exe but there are rare chances. Only after a clean format the entire system gets cleaned. Do not forget to get your data backup before going for any kind of formatting.