Thread: At start up my computer, MSE always says it is turned off

At start up my computer, MSE always says it is turned off

I am facing one problem with my Microsoft Security Essentials. The problem is that while starting with the windows, Microsoft Security Essentials say it is turned off until, this thing is same until internet is connected. While I start my computer I found an box that you are not protected, it means that MSE is turned OFF. After connecting with the internet all the things start working fine. I am trying to turn it on but I am not able to do this, so can anyone suggest me to how to do this?

Re: At start up my computer, MSE always says it is turned off

I think that this is happening to your system because of your system is bogged down by other startup programs when you are starting your program. I don’t think that this problem is due to created by conflicting security software, this reason is differ for the behavior. For this thing you will need to start your MSE manually at the starting point only.

I was facing this problem too. Only sometimes it is bogged down by other start up program and it takes approximate 20 minutes to get start. Except this my other security programs never do this thing. I would like if this problem is solved by someone.

Hey, I think that this thing is happening because of if you are running or using the same security utility from on your PC. It means that your have other security software installed on your PC. Check this thing first and then start your PC again, and report me back that you are still facing the same problem or not. This might happens that you have one more antivirus to your PC, if so then it will surely cause this type of the problem, the only solution is to uninstall the one program and then see what is happening.

Yes, I was also having the same problem with my Kaspersky AV on XP so it is not unique to MSE. I think your PC is very olod for that reason only your MSE is taking too much of time to get ON. I will recommend you to check that your PC is too old or not. I am sure that I am right at this time, you are using the old PC, if yes then don’t worry about it, it will take some time to start but after that it will start working fine.