Thread: How to remove Trojan: win32/fakesysdef and trojan@winnt/alureon.s.

How to remove Trojan: win32/fakesysdef and trojan@winnt/alureon.s.

I am using desktop from the last few months, but from the last week I am facing the same type of the problem, it keeps popping up the system failure and also critical hard drive failure and it also try to block me when I want to go online. I am also not able to clean up my disk because of some virus problem. My favorites have gone and also I have lost some programs, start menu is empty. To remove this thing I am running the Microsoft Security Essentials from the last night but still I am not able to get back all the things. If you know something good about this problem then answer me please.

Re: How to remove Trojan: win32/fakesysdef and trojan@winnt/alureon.s.

Sorry I don’t have enough knowledge about this Trojan but I have the some idea about how to deal with your problem. I have the following link which have some manual instruction for the Trojan: WinNt Alureon.S. Before this let me tell you that don’t follow the article in the process but do the manual procedures only.

I think that removing this type of infection is complex, which will require manual removal procedures, which may not be entirely effective. Even if they are working then also I will not suggest you the same. If you want to try the above suggestion then you can try that 1 but after that if you are still getting the same problem then try to contact with the Microsoft service center, I am sure that they will repair the damage caused after they have removed the infections, if not then after your system is get cleaned then try to report them back for the further help.

If you have not tried with the following programs then try to take help with the Microsoft service center, I am sure that they will help you a lot. I also recommend you to download the Malwarebytes.
    I would also like to suggest you to try the TDSS Killer: this will not remove the infection but it will help you a lot to repair the infection caused by any malware or Trojan horse.

to the users’ systems, Trojan:WinNT/Alureon.S is a malicious Trojan which cause the infection generated to distribute various advertisements. This Trojan runs in the background and also enables remote access to the targeted PC system. this Trojan is laos a detection for the driver which corrupts the computer’s device-driver file, and inject that code to the other process. This Trojan have the power to send the email to the \remote attackers with the built-in SMTP client engine.

If you want to remove such type of the infection then let me tell you that removal of this type of the infection completely is very hard. In this case you will need to take the help of the any other antivirus software or any other software which have the capacity to repair the files which are get infected by the malware programs. Or else if you want then better for you will be to contact with the Microsoft service.

According to me you are saying that you have not lost your files due to that malware. I think that this malware do not infect the file it just enables the attribute of the file to hidden so at that time you are not able to see that respected files. If you want to make sure then you can disable the hidden attributes of the files for confirming that the files are not getting deleted by the malware which are currently there in your system. if you don’t want to do this then there are following links which will help you to set your file attributes back to unhidden:

I will recommend you to contact with the expert in removing the malware, they will help you hope fully to resolve your problem from your system. they will just ask you some question that was you facing this problem before also or this is first time you are facing this problem. But before this make sure that the files are not get damaged by any reason otherwise it not help you in any case.

Before it i was also having this problem but now finally I managed to get most of it resolved. It was possible to me with the help of the TDSSKiller, mbam-set.exe as well as MS Security Essentials few times. Out of files which was get hidden by some virus are now able to use but still some are missing. Also there is one way which I have tried is run the Fakesysdef_unhide.cmd file by double click, but in this case one condition is there that action only caused the file contents to be listed on the screen by Notepad. So finally when I finished with the\is I was able to see the most of the files which are hidden by the malware.