Thread: Microsoft Security Essentials: unable to scan selected files

Microsoft Security Essentials: unable to scan selected files

Hi friends, I am using the dell desktop PC at my home and not I am getting some problem with my Microsoft security essential. The problem which I am getting is that Microsoft security essential is unable to scan the selected files. When I am trying to open the Microsoft security essential, Sometimes the icon appears for a moment in red on the tray, Both go in an direct. I am not able to scan any files because of this problem. When I want to scan some files on my system, it says that “Microsoft Security Essentials was unable to scan the selected files.” What should I do now with my Microsoft Security Essentials to enable scan.

Re: Microsoft Security Essentials: unable to scan selected files

If you are suffering from this problem then I will recommend you to update and your windows run it into the safe mode. For this doing this thing you will need to restart your PC and then press F8, it will start running in the safe mode. After this run the full scan utility and see what is happening on the result, if it found any malware then try to remove it. After this I am sure that your issue will be solve, if not then try to contact with the Microsoft support. You can also contact with then on:

Hey mate, I was also having the same problem and I was not able to solve this. Actually I think that this problem is caused by any malware, I was not able to find this malware because it is hidden in the C drive. After this I decided to run a MalwareBytes to clean up to clean up the malware which is there in my system. After this I ran a system restore utility to restore my original file back. It really work in my case and also I am sure that it will also help in your case.

According to me, Microsoft Security Essentials was not able to scan the selected files and this thing happens due to if you have tried for the system restores activity. If this is happening wioth you then try to remove the antivirus utility if have any. I am telling you these all things because I was also suffering with the same problem and after removing the antivirus software I was able to scan the selected files. After trying to remove the antivirus utility I found that it comes up command argument after that and a complete clean security report from fixit.

I think that you should not run the Microsoft Security Essentials with the antivirus (Norton), I am saying this thing because you can only run one antivirus at a time. If you are using the norton antivirus then to remove your antivirus uninstall and run http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_...834EN&ln=en_US