Thread: "potentially unprotected you haven't run a scan in a while" message by MSE

"potentially unprotected you haven't run a scan in a while" message by MSE

I am getting "potentially unprotected....you haven't run a scan in a while..." message randomly from Microsoft security essentials . This problem has started suddenly and it is annoying for me. is this kind of a virus or there is something wrong with my system if anyone has any idea regarding this then please help me.

Re: "potentially unprotected you haven't run a scan in a while" message by MSE

The problem which you are facing in your computer is because a Microsoft security essential is notifying you that you need to run full system scan. To solve this problem you have to perform the full system scan and after that your problem will get solved.

I know this problem it was happen with me also and after that I first thought that by doing the full system scan it can be solved and after that I have done the full system scan but after doing the full system scan also I was facing the same problem again and again and after that my friend suggested me to solve this issue by updating the Microsoft security essential and after that I have tried to solve this issue by updating the Microsoft security essential. Now after updating the Microsoft security essential when I have restart the computer at that time I get the same message again and after that I have performed the full system scan again. Now after doing the full system scans my problem get solved. I think you should also try to solve this problem by trying this solution and after that let me know what the result is.

Well I have referred your solution and I know that Microsoft security essential is notifying me that I need to scan the computer and I have already done the full system scan twice but after that also same problem is coming. now after that I have tried to solve this issue by updating the Microsoft security essential but after doing that also problem still remains. Now please tell me how to fix this issue.

you have to first check that in your computer date and time is correct because Microsoft security essential keeps the record of the all your last performed scans. I think you should first check the time. if your time and date all are the things are ok then there might be something wrong with the software and I would like to tell you that you should try to solve this issue by reinstalling the Microsoft security essential from your computer. first you have to uninstall the Microsoft security essential from your computer and after that you have to download the my uninstaller application from the internet and after doing that you have to restart the computer. now after restarting the computer you have to run my uninstaller and after that install the Microsoft security essential again and after that check whether you are getting the same problem or not.

Have you tried to solve this problem by doing the manual update of the Microsoft security essential in your computer? if you have not tried this then I will suggest you to download the latest updates of the Microsoft security essential manually and after that you have to install it in your computer and then restart the computer and after that do the full system scan and then check whether you are getting the same problem or not. I think after doing the manual update you will not get the same problem.

If you want to update the Microsoft security essential manually then you have to click MICROSOFT SECURITY ESSENTIAL UPDATES and after that you have to install it and then all the problem will get solved.

If you are still facing the same problem then I would like to suggest you that you should try to solve this problem by repairing the operating system in your computer and after repairing the operating system your problem will get solved and you will not face the same problem again with Microsoft security essential.