Thread: Installing MSE says is not genuine copy of Windows after updating the Windows XP 32 bit

Installing MSE says is not genuine copy of Windows after updating the Windows XP 32 bit

I have the genuine copy of Windows XP which today I got update to service pack 3 it was the clean up date . but now when I am trying to install MSE it show me that the windows is not the genuine windows it’s not valid but I know my windows is the valid Vista installs worked without issue. But I don’t understand what’s wrong with my XP I am 100 % sure that its genuine copy of windows . any one knows what is the reason for having this

Re: Installing MSE says is not genuine copy of Windows after updating the Windows XP 32 bit

May be I know the issue actually the bits on Connect are indeed full install. With first couple of day there was an issue with connect which I think is the reason for what you are experiencing now it would be resolved though if you are still having the problem of genuine then you can please log on into Connect and download & install the full install bits let me know whether this solve your problem

Re: Installing MSE says is not genuine copy of Windows after updating the Windows XP 32 bit

I was also having same problem you’ll need the 1407 build installed first before Ms connect download its update because it’s not the full install it just an up date

If you want you can still validate the copy of your windows at the Microsoft site and If Windows is validating but the MSE installer does not validate your copy of Windows then you must report this as bug to the Microsoft site

It was with me also in my XP machine , and the problem was in the update version which was doing its genuine check via MSE so I get and installed the original version of MSE and after that I install the update successfully