Thread: When I log in the Microsoft Security Essentials program always turned off .

When I log in the Microsoft Security Essentials program always turned off .

Now this happens frequently and I have no idea how to deal with it. No matter what I do the problem is still exist. The problem is any time I log in to my computer for first time in a day I see my Security Essentials program is turned off I just don’t understand the reason as if why this is happening can any one here tel me what I have to change to get rid of this problem

Re: When I log in the Microsoft Security Essentials program always turned off .

I think it’s because, may be you have installed the other antivirus software which is having conflict with you security essential. Just remove all other antivirus software from the pc and reboot may be this could help

I am also having the same problem and I already removed the other security software but the problem is still persist in my computer can anyone gives me any idea about this

Quote Originally Posted by AnitG View Post
    Now this happens frequently and I have no idea how to deal with it. No matter what I do the problem is still exist. The problem is any time I log in to my computer for first time in a day I see my Security Essentials program is turned off I just don’t understand the reason as if why this is happening can any one here tel me what I have to change to get rid of this problem
    Quote Originally Posted by Shurod View Post
    I am also having the same problem and I already removed the other security software but the problem is still persist in my computer can anyone gives me any idea about this
    See sometime this may happen that even after you remove the antivirus it’s still don’t completely remove and so the windows get this error. so the easy solution to this Is to use the cleanup tool to remove your prior security software before doing that check the installing process

1. First take the back up for of you computer to the external device
    2. After the backup, remove/unplug the media
    3. Update your computer first with the latest service pack and .Net
    4. If any antivirus installed in your pc all antivirus with the help of the removal/cleanup tools remove all antivirus and also any free or trial anti-malware products that may have been installed on your PC when purchased , even if it’s never activated by this MSE will use the Windows Firewall by default
    5. Now install the latest version of MSE directly from the Microsoft don’t use the third party download download the set up and then install
    6. After installation the MSE will prompt for definition file update and run quick scan

That it you are done now check whether the MSE is working fine or not it’s should work but in any case this does work for you the you can always use the email support case

I hope this could help to solve your probem

When I got my first new pc I removed all the unwanted software using REVO Uninstaller. Then I get Super Antispyware Pro I also use Malewarebytes program and Secunia PSI on an irregular basis. Mine MSE is working fine yes it was not at the begging but now it’s working absolutely fine . I think my MSE had updated itself .

I am not using MSE instead I have installed the antivirus that has all security options in it so I don’t have to worry