Thread: Does Microsoft Security Essentials Compatible with Windows Home Server 2011

Does Microsoft Security Essentials Compatible with Windows Home Server 2011

Hey guys I want to know whether the Microsoft Security Essentials workers with Windows Home Server 2011 edition I am planning to get Windows Home Server 2011 its sounds cools can anyone know anything about this .

Re: Does Microsoft Security Essentials Compatible with Windows Home Server 2011

I don’t know about it bit I am curious to get the answer if you find any please post thanx

I need to disappoint you guys here as Microsoft Security Essentials is not supported on Windows Home Server. But no need to disappoint there are lot of Antivirus software available in the market but you need to take a special care while purchasing the antivirus for the Windows Home Server 2011 it should be Windows Home Server specific edition . Anti-virus software add-ins may also be available for Windows Home Server you can search for it

Many a time you see to thing work well together asn antivirus program and WHS are two of these thing . I tried the AVG which works good in Windows Home Server 2008R2 but every time I install it in Windows Home Server 2011 it losses the media library via remote access so I removed it then I tried NOD32 Antivirus which also worked well in 2008R2 and this time I lost my picture library and it completely wiped my installation of 2011 and I could not uninstall it as it completely locked my system but the good thing is I had my backup available windows system recovery in Windows Home Server 2011 is absolutely remarkable it restored my configuration in 12 minutes so in all this process the only thing I lost I my couple of hours see I would sugeest you to don’t use ant antivirus program in Windows Home Server 2011 yet until they give us one that is made for it .