Thread: Dell Power Connect 8024F Switch stop working after upgraded to 4.1.0.19

Dell Power Connect 8024F Switch stop working after upgraded to 4.1.0.19

Hey guys I am new in to the all of this networking works. I am working with the servers /laptops/desktops . my networking team is not familiar with the dell switches so I am not getting any help form them so here I smy problem we got a 8024 switch for back end network for the running the server backups . it’s gone a do nothing with our current production network do I read the manuals and setup the OOB management port which was working fine ten I decide to update the firm ware before staring using it so I run the update boootcode and its look like the update was successfully done as it rebooted but after that it stopped working and when I check the IP the OOB port had the correct IP with one of its light was on and I can see that but the activity light never stated , with no the OOB port operational, I don't know how to download the full 4.1.0.19 firmware from my TFTP server. do any one know what is gone wrong any help would be appreciated

Re: Dell Power Connect 8024F Switch stop working after upgraded to 4.1.0.19

I was also facing the same problem then someone suggested me this solution by which I was able to access OOB other network ranges
    • Remove the OOB IP address
    • Then reapply it with the following codes

SWITCH(config)#interface out-of-band

SWITCH(config-if)#no ip address

SWITCH(config-if)#

SWITCH(config)#interface out-of-band

SWITCH(config-if)#ip address 1.1.1.x 255.255.255.0 1.1.1.1

SWITCH(config-if)#

SWITCH#copy running-config start
    (This process will take few minute and you will not able to use Management interfaces )

• Then it prompt with saving option say yes to that

And Strangely the OOB configuration was showing though when I did a show run it refused to work until the IP address was re-applied . I hope nothing else which is previously configured is need to reconfigured again after the update

Same here, this morning I as well got the same problem so to get around the problem I put my machine into the same VLAN and OOB interface on the network range of the switch that OOB connects to or you can use the cross over cable from the OBB on to your laptop and make sure your laptop remain in the same network as in OOB interface.
    May be the update is not able get pass the default gateway it's configured with. My upgare was fine but I ma still trying to know how to get to the OOB from my regular networks instead of switches or machines but only on the OOB interface range.

Quote Originally Posted by Amie View Post
    I was also facing the same problem then someone suggested me this solution by which I was able to access OOB other network ranges
    • Remove the OOB IP address
    • Then reapply it with the following codes

(This process will take few minute and you will not able to use Management interfaces )

• Then it prompt with saving option say yes to that

And Strangely the OOB configuration was showing though when I did a show run it refused to work until the IP address was re-applied . I hope nothing else which is previously configured is need to reconfigured again after the update
    Hey its worked just had to Reapplied the OOB IP address and everything Is fine working again.