Thread: After updating McAfee Security Center Password Vault has ERASED all password

After updating McAfee Security Center Password Vault has ERASED all password

I am using Acer laptop with windows 7 operating system and after that I am using McAfee Security Center in my laptop to keep my laptop virus free. now before some days I have update McAfee Security Center and after updating that I get one problem. after doing the update password vault has deleted all the passwords. now please tell me how to recover it.

Re: After updating McAfee Security Center Password Vault has ERASED all password

As far as I know from McAfee Security Center update password vault has removed but you don’t have to worry about passwords because McAfee Security Center makes data files of your save d passwords and other stuffs in its own folder and it will not be get deleted after updating the McAfee Security Center. it means if you have updated your McAfee Security Center and if you are looking for your passwords then you will recover that by using Password Retrieval Tool.

Re: After updating McAfee Security Center Password Vault has ERASED all password

I am also a user of the McAfee Security Center which I use in my HP laptop. From last few days my laptop was with my sister and she has updated McAfee Security Center my laptop. Now when I get back my laptop at that time I have noticed that password vault was not there and as in your above post you have mentioned that in your post that I can recover that by using Password Retrieval Tool but please tell me where I can find this tool and how to use it.

As you have said that you don’t know about how to get the Password Retrieval Tool and that is why I will help you with this. you can download the Password Retrieval Tool clicking here PASSWORD RETRIEVAL TOOL. now after clicking on this download it in your system and then you will be able to get back your password.

Using the Password Retrieval Tool is very easy. once you have downloaded the Password Retrieval Tool after that you have to type CMD in the run and after that you have to hit enter key. now after that you have to type CD DESKTOP in that window and then press enter. now after doing that you have to type following PVReader.exe "MASTERPASSWORD" passwords.txt and press enter again. Now after that you have to will see the message password recovered successfully. now you will be able to get the password in passwords.txt,

Well after referring the solution which is mentioned in above replies I have downloaded Password Retrieval Tool in my system and after that I have also performed all the steps which you have mentioned and after doing that I have recovered all my important passwords and my problem get solved. I don’t know why McAfee has removed password vault because it was useful for me.

Please Please help. I have done everything that yous have told me to do in the above. When I type in PVReader.exe xxxxxxxxx passwords.txt My reply is - Are you sur current user has a password vault set up. I have tried my password a hundred times along with every password av ever had but get the same outcome all the time. So if anyone can guide me the right way Thanks.???