Thread: Decreasing hard drive space after installing newest version of mcafee

Decreasing hard drive space after installing newest version of mcafee

Good day I was in the process of doubting that this is an ordinary event. I accept before I upgrade to Version 11 of my McAfee Internet Security, even assuming that I redesign the adaptation of the antivirus the measure of space taken is the same as yesterday. Yet, even in variant 11, I checked before performing the upgrade and it stated something like 350,510,985,156 bytes utilized, following overhauling I could have harshly the same number (Maybe a few kilobytes or megabytes expand). On the other hand, today I performed a full output and was doing nothing on the framework for the whole 1 hour. When the sweep I checked the space and it was 350,630, something following it. This implies that my workstation lose about 120 megabytes in the midst of the output.

Re: Decreasing hard drive space after installing newest version of mcafee

The extent that my interaction I don't think this is moving the appearance of your PC. With respect to RAM I have 1 GB, and Hard Drive is a 1TB drive. In spite of the fact that, 100 MB doesn't sound a part contrast with 1 TB, in the event that I continue losing about 100+ MB each and every day. I will run out of space.

I've been having the same issue following the time when I upgraded to Version 11. I tracked my plate space somewhat nearly former to the overhaul and it truly wasn't until the overhaul happened and I rebooted that plate space began vanishing at an alerting rate. By reason of I gained the upgrade on June 17th, I've gone from 234 GB ready to 223 GB. Out of that 11 GB, I've just as a matter of fact had one establishment final week that was 757 MB. I think this is a symptom tied to an additional issue, the Windows File Protection warnings different XP SP3 users are encountering following the time when Version 11 was instituted or overhauled.

Just follow the below steps:
    • Would you be able to head off to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer and look under System. See provided that you spot any warnings for Windows File Protection that happen right at shutdown. They would not be able to show up each shutdown, or they could show up various times for each shutdown.
    • Check Task Manager to see if winlogon.exe is utilizing an expanded product of memory mode, as well as CPU use. Try to attempt seeing, provided that it changes critically by looking in your C:\WINDOWS, C:\WINDOWS\system32, or system32\dllcache organizers and getting a load of the lands on any of the documents.

I acknowledged that once Version 11 was uprooted, the issue went off. Winlogon.exe came back to standard. Plate space was no longer lost for any evident explanation. Once I reinstalled Version 11, I started losing 100-600 MB of space from the Local Disk (C see with every last trace of the Windows File Protection stuff going on. The more action that happened there, the more space was lost. Seeing that System Restore backs indexes up to a concealed document, selecting all records and envelopes within your C:\ root registry doesn't demonstrate that circle space being utilized.

I don't get any warnings around the same time as shutdown; in addition I have not the chance this Windows File Protection warning when I was updated to Version 11. I am not on my XP, but I don't feel that my winlogon.exe is utilizing more RAM or CPU. At the same time I do recollect that the RAM was about 500 and CPU was 0. Not beyond any doubt if System Restore is on or not. I am determined to need to posit it is and I didn't disturb System Restore, so perhaps it has it default designation of space. The Drive that is losing the space is the Hard Drive; subsequent to I just have one. No, I never checked similar to that forasmuch as it is speedier to run over to lands of My Computer.

I firmly suspect the misfortune of hard drive space is tied to the Windows File Protection warnings. It seems to me System Restore is utilizing up this space via mechanically moving down framework indexes that are can't help being checked by Windows File Protection, but I haven't been fit to get any individual else affirm it. I never encountered the aforementioned issues before form 11 tagged along.