Thread: Scheduled Scan not working McAfee Internet Security

Scheduled Scan not working McAfee Internet Security

I am using Dell laptop in which I have installed McAfee Internet Security and I normally do set schedule scan in my internet security so it starts scanning automatically. Some days before I have upgraded my McAfee internet security and after that schedule scan option started behaving weird. Now whenever I set the time for schedule scan and after that at the time of scanning it does nothing after some time it starts scanning randomly. Please tell me how to fix this issue.

Re: Scheduled Scan not working McAfee Internet Security

I will suggest you to do the windows updates first and after that you have to also update the McAfee Internet Security and after updating the both you have to set the schedule scanning time again and then check whether it is working properly or not. I think this solution will be helpful for you.

If you want to do the windows update then you have to first open the control panel and after that you have to click on the system and then you to click on the automatic updates. Now after clicking on the automatic updates you have to click on the turn on the automatic updates option. You can also download the windows updates from the Microsoft official site and after that you have to go to the download section and there you will find the options for downloading updates according to your operating system.

I think reinstalling the McAfee Internet Security in your laptop will solve the issue. I am telling you this because there was similar problem with my antivirus also and after that I have reinstalled it in my system and then my problems get solved easily. I think you should also try this solution.

as you have said that after downloading and installing the windows update I can solve this issue but after when I done the same and installed the windows updates in my system at that time also I was getting the same problem . Now after trying this solution I have uninstalled McAfee Internet Security completely and after uninstalling the McAfee Internet Security I have restart the system. Now after that I have clean my laptop with the help of Cclaener and then I have installed McAfee Internet Security again and then when I have set the schedule scan in my system at that time it has started scanning on exact time which I have set. Now all the things are working properly. Thank you so much for helping me and solving my problem. I really appreciate your help.