Thread: Cannot use internet explorer while doing virus scan in McAfee Internet Security version 11

Cannot use internet explorer while doing virus scan in McAfee Internet Security version 11

I was using McAfee Internet Security version 10 version in my computer and i regularly scan my computer to keep it virus free. Some days I have upgraded my McAfee Internet Security from 10 to 11 and after upgrading the McAfee Internet Security whenever I perform scanning at that time I cannot use internet explorer. if I start the internet explorer during the scanning at that time it gets hangs. Please give me solution.

Re: Cannot use internet explorer while doing virus scan in McAfee Internet Security version 11

Is this problem occurring with internet explorer only or you are getting the same issue with other browsers like Mozilla Firefox or Opera. I think you should first check whether other browser is working properly or not. if you don’t get the same problem with other browser then I think there might be something wrong with your internet explorer.

Re: Cannot use internet explorer while doing virus scan in McAfee Internet Security version 11

Open your internet explorer and disable all the add-ons from the internet explorer. Some time if any expansion is incompatible then this kind of problem can take place. If you want to disable the Add on in your internet explorer than you have to click on the Tools option and after that you have to select the manage add-on option. now after that you have to disable all the add-on and after that check whether you are getti8ng the same problem or not. if you don’t get the same problem after that then I think any add-on is causing the issue.

I would like to tell you that try to fix this issue by downloading updated version of the internet explorer from the internet and after that you have to install the updated version of the internet explorer in your system. Now after updating it you have to check whether you are getting the same problem or not. I am giving you this solution because sometimes updating the software can done the trick.

First disable the McAfee Internet Security and after that you have to start the internet explorer and use it for some time and after that check whether it is still freezing or not. if internet explorer worked properly after disabling the McAfee Internet Security then there might be something wrong with your McAfee Internet Security.

After referring your solutions I have first disabled all the add-ons from the internet explorer but after that also whenever I try to use the internet explorer at that time also I was having the same issue. now after that I have downloaded updated version of the internet explorer and after that I have installed internet explorer in my system and after that it started working properly but there is one more problem occurred with my system sometimes whenever I try to connect the internet and at that time it cannot display the page and shows McAfee warning and after that I have to restart the system and after that it worked fine.

I have gone through your above reply and I will suggest you to try these steps to solve this issue first you have to open McAfee Internet Security version 11 and after that you have to go to the firewall setting and that you have to see whether there is option of the restore default setting or not. if you get the option for the restore default setting then select it and it will restore all the firewall setting and after doing that you will be able to open all the pages properly in internet explorer.