Thread: Cannot activate McAfee Total Protection 2011

Cannot activate McAfee Total Protection 2011

HI friends I have purchased McAfee Total Protection 2011 for my laptop but when I tried to activate it from the McAfee website at that time it is not allowing me to activate. now please tell me what should I do to solve this issue. My friends have also purchased the same product and he has done activation successfully. any help will be appreciated.

Re: Cannot activate McAfee Total Protection 2011

if you have installed any previous version of McAfee in your computer then I will suggest you to first check that you have removed that old version from your computer and after removing that you have to restart the computer and then install the new McAfee and then try to activate the product. I think after doing that you will be able to activate the product.

Have you tried to activate your McAfee Total Protection 2011 from the system trey icon? if you have not tried yet then you have to first right click on the McAfee icon and after that you have to select activate product option. now after selecting that try to activate the product. if you are facing the same problem after that also then I think you should try to solve this issue by reinstalling the McAfee in your system and if gets activated then it is good.

I was also not able to activate the product in my system. Now after that I have Contact McAfee Technical Support and ask about the solution and they have told that I have to uninstall McAfee Total Protection 2011 and after that I have to run MCPR tool and after that reinstallation of McAfee Total Protection 2011 and activation again.

if you want to download the McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool then you have to click here MCPR.exe. Now after clicking here you have to download the MCPR.exe in your computer and after that you have to uninstall all McAfee products from your system. After removing that you have to run MCPR.exe file by right clicking on it and selecting run as administrator option. After that restart the system and install the McAfee in your system and after installing it when you will try to activate the product at that time will not give any issue.

Running the MCPR.exe has done the trick. After watching above reply I have first downloaded MCPR.exe file in my system and after that I have uninstalled McAfee from my system and after removing that I have run MCPR.exe in my system. Now after doing that I have reboot the system and then when I have tried to activate the product at that time it gets activated successfully.