Thread: Fun Web Products cannot be deleted by Spybot S&D

Fun Web Products cannot be deleted by Spybot S&D

While running Spybot Search & Destroy on a Windows 7 computer I noticed one thing and that is: "Fun Web Products." I know that it is not a big deal because I read about it on internet. Even so, I'd like to flush it out. I initiated Spybot to remove the bug, except I obtain error messages that interpret: "Unexpected error during fixing issues. (Cannot create file c:\windows\wininit.ini)." I logged in as admin but still I cannot do anything. What should I do now?

Re: Fun Web Products cannot be deleted by Spybot S&D

Spybot does not look for viruses, Spybot only searches for spyware and malware. Login you're one of a Windows account with Admin rights? How exactly does the error message from Word? Get over it but first run a "real" virus scanner, if you like an online scanner, or even better, a live Linux CD with a virus scanner on it if it finds what he can wipe away also because the hard drive remains untouched and Windows, and thus the virus does not start at all.

That removal does not work could be because as the message says that there are no admin rights. Times simply run the program as an administrator.
    If the file is not found, it may be because it is hidden, what is usually the case. Just in Windows Explorer (not My Computer, Internet Explorer) to Tools -> Options -> Search view, where the entry and remove the check mark in "protected system files Hide" and "Show hidden files and folders' hidden folders, view files and drives. Then the file should be visible.
    However, now there is a possibility that they may be logged, will be used by the system and is thereby blocked. You cannot be deleted. To record your path and restart in Safe Mode and try to delete there.

This program is compatible with many anti-spyware. Program has identified some Spybot - Search & Destroy as evil but this is because it can detect files in the Spybot folder to save backup files of all detections.

One way to get rid of such products could be: take out all startup programs via MS Config. Windows then fused (F8) to boot. Spybot run (it will be found certain things that can be removed only in the normal mode. Then restart 'normal', Spybot will probably run before that. On Windows if necessary again to run a scan to start. After using MS Config again a normal start Allow - reboot - and run a scan... Further action is also dependent on the Windows version.

FunWebProducts is an adware application bundled with various freeware packages arrives. In addition, other bundles adware software in its products. FunWebProducts bombarding the user with tons of annoying popups and it updates itself over the Internet and download additional spyware and adware. FunWebProducts is a threat and a nuisance and should therefore be removed upon detection. One of the more successful ways we have found to remove FunWebProducts is with a program called Spyware Nuker