Thread: Internet Connection Sharing ICS is blocked by Mcafee Personal Firewall v 12.0.335

Internet Connection Sharing ICS is blocked by Mcafee Personal Firewall v 12.0.335

In my computer I have windows XP operating system installed and I am using Mcafee Total protection and before some days I have updated antivirus which has installed Firewall v 12.0.335 in my system and after that ICS has blocked in my system. Now please tell me what I should do to solve this issue. If anyone facing the same problem and has solution then please let me know.

Re: Internet Connection Sharing ICS is blocked by Mcafee Personal Firewall v 12.0.335

I think after updating the firewall in your system your ICS related services has turned off and you need to first turn it on and after that check whether you are able to make the connection properly or not. First try this solution and after that let me know whether your problem gets solved or not.

Re: Internet Connection Sharing ICS is blocked by Mcafee Personal Firewall v 12.0.335

If you don’t know about how to enable the Internet Connection Sharing service then you have to follow these steps. First you have to open the control panel and after that you have to open the Network and Dial-Up Connections. Now after doing that you have to select the connection which you are looking to share and then right click on it and select the properties. Now you have to click on the sharing and after that you have to Enable Internet Connection Sharing for this connection check box by clicking on it.

As far as know some time if upgrade the firewall at that time it can block the some connections automatically and because of that also this type of problem can take place. I will suggest you to open the firewall and check whether all the setting is proper or not, if you find any mistakes there then correct it and then try check whethe happens after that.

Try this solution to fix this problem. First you have to uninstall the network drivers from your system and after that you have to also uninstall the Mcafee Total protection. now after removing both things from your system you have to restart the computer again and after that install the network drivers and then install the Mcafee Total protection also. I am suggesting you this solution because I have tried this solution with my system also and after that my problem get resolved.

After reading your above replies I have tried to solve this issue by starting the Internet Connection Sharing service but after enabling the Internet Connection Sharing service also I was facing the same problem. By reinstalling the network driver and Mcafee Total protection also I was facing the same problem. Please tell me how to fix this issue.

As you have mentioned that you are still having the same issue by performing several tricks also then I think you should try to fix this issue by doing the repairing your operating system. I think at the time of updating McAfee something went wrong and because if that this problem is coming. Insert your operating system CD and after that try to resolve the issue by repairing the operating system. I think after repairing the operating system your problem will get solved.