Thread: unable to update Mcafee antivirus plus 2011

unable to update Mcafee antivirus plus 2011

I have installed Mcafee antivirus plus 2011 in my computer because I use internet in my computer daily so it is necessary for me to have good antivirus in my system. Now after installing the Mcafee antivirus plus 2011 I am facing problem with it. Now I am not able to update the Mcafee antivirus plus 2011 antivirus in my system. please tell me how to fix this issue.

Re: unable to update Mcafee antivirus plus 2011

Well according to me you should try to solve this issue by starting your computer in safe mode with networking option and after that you have to try to update the Mcafee antivirus plus 2011 and after that check whether you are having the same problem or not.

if you want to start the computer in safe mode with networking then you have to first shutdown your computer and after that you have to start it again. mow at that start you have to press F8 button and you will get the boot menu. now you will get the different safe mode option and from that you have to select Safe mode with network and after that you have to start the computer and then try to update the Mcafee antivirus plus 2011 and then you will not face any problem while updating the Mcafee antivirus plus 2011.

before installing the Mcafee antivirus plus 2011 antivirus in your computer if you were using any other antivirus then you have to make sure that you have uninstalled that from your system and you have also check that your firewall is not blocking anything. First check that thing and then let me know whether it helps you or not.

If you still face the same problem after trying above tricks then I think you should first check your internet connection is working properly or not. if possible disconnect your internet connection and after that restart the computer and after restarting the computer you have to again connect to the internet and then try to update the Mcafee antivirus plus 2011 and then check whether it is giving you the same problem or not. I think after trying this you will be able to update the Mcafee antivirus plus 2011 flawlessly.

Well I would like to tell you that if you are not able to solve this issue after trying above solution then first you have to uninstall the Mcafee antivirus plus 2011 from your system and after that you have to rub Ccleaner in your system. now after doing that install Mcafee antivirus plus 2011 again and then try to update.

You can also try to solve this issue by downloading the antivirus update file from the internet manually and after that you will be able to update the antivirus. First you have to go to the Official website of the Mcafee antivirus and after that you have to download the update file for your Mcafee antivirus plus 2011 and then you have to run that update file in your system and it will update your antivirus. in my system I was facing the same problem and after that I have tried this solution and it worked for me.

After trying different solution I have finally solved the problem by reinstalling Mcafee antivirus plus 2011 in my system. After referring your post I have removed Mcafee antivirus plus 2011 and after that I have also deleted all the temporary files from the temp folder. now after deleting the temporary file I have restart the system and then I have installed Mcafee antivirus plus 2011 and problem get solved.