Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 24-08-2011

Server and client Scheduled Update settings of Trend Micro OfficeScan (OSCE) 10.0 & 10.5

I have installed the Officescan 10.5 on top of Windows 2008 R2. The question I am asking is regarding the OfficeScan updates of the server. What is the most excellent of Scheduled Update Settings? Essentially, it works on an hourly basis, except, is-it the actually the most excellent way? I have ~450 endpoints on the identical site.
Old 24-08-2011

re: Server and client Scheduled Update settings of Trend Micro OfficeScan (OSCE) 10.0 & 10.5

I think that you need to check out the online help of Office Scan 10.0 to more accurately - where everything is explained exactly what it has deposit to permit clients to download from the Trend Micro Active Update Server.
Old 24-08-2011

re: Server and client Scheduled Update settings of Trend Micro OfficeScan (OSCE) 10.0 & 10.5

I turn on the laptop user to roaming clients. This also works fine. Now raises the question for me, as these users off the network their anti-virus signatures TIME CONTROLLED obtained without requiring them to lend a hand. I know that there is a possibility that you can get ("update now" on) the updates on the program icon in the taskbar. I would like to automate this process, because I just cannot leave at all notebook users that the updates are also regularly recorded. Where I have to pretend at the Office Scan Server, allow for roaming clients an interval for checking for updates on an external server when they are not even connected to the server locally?
Old 24-08-2011

After I have looked through all the configuration files, I've found nothing concrete yet except the section "[INI_SCHEDULED_UPDATE_SECTION]" in the ofcscan.ini, especially "Scheduled_Update_TriggerPeriod = 2". In the Office Scan client assistance is in there though that roaming clients do not automatically update pattern, but this contradicts my observations on WOE. Usually I know the products of TM that is tested at regular intervals for updates, to load the OfficeScan server is not cyclical. I would therefore say: If they will automatically update, you do so at irregular intervals.
Old 24-08-2011

In a separate OfficeScan domain are already roaming clients. In the Update settings I have both "files from the Trend Micro Active Update server to download" I, as well as selected "Enable Scheduled Update." The client, who, after the settings have been transferred is located outside the domain will, however, still no updates. Only the manual selection is possible
Old 24-08-2011

We have several OfficeScan servers operate in parallel, which cannot be realized due to various different specifications. This principle works independently and also provides their own clients. The distribution of the pattern, etc. to clients is not the problem, and works without problems. My concern is how to update single server installations. I have to fight so that the various OfficeScan server your respective. Updates always pull directly from the Internet and through these multiple stress adversely download the central Internet connection. All updates should be downloaded only once if possible. If I update the settings on the OfficeScan server is not completely wrong interpreting, you can specify alternative update addresses instead of the standard Internet address of Trend Micro. So, I get the idea here to enter a server in local network and to pull the updates from there.
Old 25-08-2011

Re: Server and client Scheduled Update settings of Trend Micro OfficeScan (OSCE) 10.0 & 10.5

The OfficeScan client is not capable (by itself) to go automatically update themselves on the Internet. For this, you have to get a small program provides the installation directory of the OfficeScan server.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , , ,