Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 20-08-2011

Cookie and Spyware simultaneously frequent reporting

everytime I visit websites I am getting pop up at the top of the website . Are they useful for us.?? I want to know how to turn off spyware and cookies. My friend told me that they are key loggers .i want to know what is key loggers in details ??. I am having this problem from last 1 month please help ? I want to know How to turn off cookies and keep spyware around 5 per hour?
Old 20-08-2011

Re: Cookie and Spyware simultaneously frequent reporting

Sypware is a program or application which collects information about your computer and may redirect the data to few unknown website they are also known as key loggers. cookies are some small files that track data such as Web site preferences and passwords, username for same visits. Spyware collects all this information and send this information without the user knowledge
Old 20-08-2011

the better option is switch to alternatives such as Firefox and Opera when I was using Internet explorer their were lots of spyware but when I installed Mozilla firefox the number of spyware is reduced .they both automatically block pop-ups by default. You can get Mozilla Firefox on website it is free and available.
Old 20-08-2011

instead of downloading and installing new web browsers those who are already using internet explorer and Microsoft's Outlook e-mail there are the options to slow spyware using in Internet explorer first disable your Microsoft ActiveX support and click tools> Internet Options > Security > Custom Level, click on check boxes that enable ActiveX control to ask before running any script
Old 20-08-2011

It is also possible to delete and view cookie in Internet Explorer 5.x and 6.x from the hard disk drive by open the folder "C:\Document and Settings\<user>\cookies" folder, and you can delete them if you don?t want to run cookies while surfing and people using another versions of internet explorer can also get it by this links:-
? Windows 95 / 98 users - C:\Windows\Cookies
? Windows NT users - C:\WinNT\Administrator\Cookies
Old 20-08-2011

one of the best solution what you can do is you can make burn you can burn number of all the spyware utilities in your compact disk. So whenever you need to clean your system from spyware you can install in your system and run it and remove all the spyware and after that you can uninstall the same spyware utility so basically the problem with root is solved and saves lots of time. finding and waiting for utilities to download. That utility normally ranges from 4Mega bytes to 9Mega bytes.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,