Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 19-08-2011

How to enable WOL (Wake on LAN) on Asus RT-N56U router

Can someone explain me how to setup WOL (Wake on LAN) for my Asus RT-N56U router? I need it for my FreeNAS, so it's not on 24/7 but can be enabling by WOL instead when I need it.
Old 19-08-2011

Re: How to enable WOL (Wake on LAN) on Asus RT-N56U router

I had the same request for this device. Asus told me the router cannot handle WOL. The question is why? On my last D-Link router DIR-825 this feature worked well. I tried it with the newest firmware and it worked two times and afterwards I got never a connect via WAN/WOL. I hope they will find a solution with the next firmware. This is a standard, not a feature!? I did another test this morning. I set the NAs to a fixed IP Address (LAN/DHCP). Then I configured the virtual server to Port 9 external and internal, for the protocol I used both (UDP/TCP). Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Switch of your router and restart.
Old 19-08-2011

Re: How to enable WOL (Wake on LAN) on Asus RT-N56U router

I have enabled PME in the bios. I have 3 network cards; 2x Intel PCI cards and one Intel Dual Port PCIe network card (LACP) in my FreeNAS machine. And I use the motherboard onboard LAN controller for Wake on LAN. I have setup "Virtual Server", but that doesn't work apparently with the FreeNAS, I cannot make it through the internet.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,