Thread: Asus RT-N56U keeps on loosing current connection on ip change

Asus RT-N56U keeps on loosing current connection on ip change

This is something weird problem I am facing on my router. The router is Asus Asus RT-N56U. Just for better performance, I had upgraded my firmware. It was somewhat increased from lower to higher. I do not know the exact version. But when I updated new one, the router looses the ip. I have a static ip which changes in an interval of time. I configured it on DDNS and still the same issue. I downgraded my firmware and things went back to normal. The fresh update looks buggy.

Re: Asus RT-N56U keeps on loosing current connection on ip change

That problem looks a bit unusually. Basically after the update, either the router stops working due to incompatibility or drops internet connection frequently. Here you have a bit different issue where the router is not updating the current ip address. Every time on the change your net fluctuates. You might need to check back the router settings. Or else better stick with the old firmware. That will be much better to avoid more issues. This does not looks the issue of router. The fault can be from your ISP side also. You can notify them for more troubleshooting. Other than this when you update the firmware, reset your router once and add manually all your settings. If you are working on DDNS then you need to configure additional settings in modem as well as in the router. There can be some kind of standards settings which you cannot modify. It can be due to DHCP conflict. But if that is the issue then there is nothing much you can do. It can be fixed from the ISP side only. Even if you disable the DHCP settings, this issue will not resolve. There are some old modems which does not comes with DHCP settings. That worked well under such issue. You will need to directly plug the modem to the system without routers support.