Thread: Not able to connect 3G on Asus RT-N134

Not able to connect 3G on Asus RT-N134

My friend called me to setup his Asus RT-N13U router on this 3G wifi internet connection. The connection is provided by huawei. Now I did some regular settings which he gave me. But still when I try to check, the internet is not working at all. The router is not able to connect and provide internet connection. There is an usb support provided on the backside where I had connect Huawei USB modem. What can be the issue here.

Re: Not able to connect 3G on Asus RT-N134

ASUS RT-N13U router support usb dongles and it works with most of the modem. I had provided a link below which gives the list of most compatible usb dongles. Go through that and check it properly that your services is listed. The best thing about this list is that, it gives location based services where it becomes easy to find that in which area which 3G service will work with this router.

Asus RT-N13U 3G Support List

I am not sure, but I am sharing an experience here which can put more highlight on the problem. I had purchased a 3G usb modem. It was activated at the time of purchase. I got a cable with modem. It is more like an extension cable for the usb modem. When connect the modem directly to the pc, the dialer took long time to respond for first connection. The same consume very less time when use that extension cable. That can be due to mismatched interface. Check that you receive that extension cable and connect your model with it to the router. There is an condition for this. The 3G usb dongle only works with the B1 version of Asus RT-N134 router. So you must ensure that the device which you had purchased matches with your current configuration. If everything is fine and you have issue with the router again, try to run a fresh firmware update. You can get that easily from the official website for that. Download and run it and then check back again after update.

The router is multifunctional and I do not understand why the same is not working your device. I had got a similar one at my office and I had worked on it. It works smoother. Best recommended for remote places. The router features an inbuilt client to download files directly from torrents. There is no need to have a pc turned on for that. You just need to configure the torrent on the router and that's it.