Thread: Cannot get system information for remote computer

Cannot get system information for remote computer

I have some problem with pushing Officescan client toward windows 7. I am having the Office scan 10.0 SP1 installed which is running windows 2008 R2 and there no issue to push client to windows XP for Windows 2003. Problem comes into view when I try to push the client to Windows 7. When I do that then it shows me the error message which says that it cannot collect system information as of the remote computer. Please tell me that what I should do in order to get this problem resolved.

Re: Cannot get system information for remote computer

If you have turned on the Firewall for Windows 7 then also it might restrict the information to be retrieved from the remote computer. This is not for 100 percent sure but it can be one of the possible reasons for this issue. So you can try by turning off the Windows 7 Firewall and see if you get the same result again. Also set the remote registry to auto. I hope that it will solve this issue. Good Luck!!!

There is one workaround for this that you can try in order to get this problem resolved. You will have to add the OfficeScan Server with the "DomainAdmin" Group. I do not know that what the exact reason is for this except the OfficeScan Server 10 endeavor to install the officescan 10 in the Windows 7 client as of the OfficeScan10 Server PC credentials. You can also see for the Event log Within the Windows 7 client intended for Event ID 4672.

I have also faced this problem earlier but I would like to tell you that if you install the OfficeScan10 Server for the Windows Server 2003 OS then you will not get the problem like this. I did the same in my case and it did work for me. So you can also do the same and I hope that it will be helpful to you as well. So try with this and let us know the outcome of this so that we can try with some other solutions.

If you are getting any problem like this then you can try with the hot fix 2046 that will update the program of the OfficeScan client remote installation and that can solve this problem. I found this solution on one of the other sites and it helped there. So I am posting this here as well so that it will be helpful to also. I do not have my personal experience with this so I cannot say it for guaranteed but you can try it once.