Thread: How to block Website using Trend Micro Internet Security

How to block Website using Trend Micro Internet Security

I want to know about trend micro website blocking feature. I have purchased the latest version of the internet security which is Trend Micro Internet Security 2011. I have heard that there is one feature which will allow us to block or allow the access to the site. Also the other feature is that there is something called parental control where we can control the kids for the specific time to access the internet. Can anyone provide me the steps which can be used to do this?

Re: How to block Website using Trend Micro Internet Security

I am right now using Trend Micro Internet Security 2011. The feature is really good which will allow us to schedule internet access to specific user account. To do this you can go to the parent control to do this which will allow us to block or access to the websites. It useful if you want to block the access to the sites which are bad for the child then you can block those for your child account so by mistake if your child visited the site .it will not get opened. Also you can get reed of other user by making the access allowable for the particular time only.

If you want to limit the user for the particular time please follow the steps below mentioned
    • Open trend micro internet security
    • You can do this by going to program files or using double clicks on the trend micro icon on right corner.
    • Click on internet and email control
    • Now click on parent control settings
    • Window will appear if you are first time opening it.
    • Now click on the checkmark on activate the parent control
    • If you want to limit the specific user click on the add someone
    • Now select the user account which you want click ok
    • Now you will see the parent control window
    • Click on the off in front of the web access schedule
    • Now specify the particular access time for the user.
    • New window will appear
    • Now select enable web access scheduler
    • Now select specific time for the user
    • After completion click on ok.
    • You will be redirected to the parent control window aging click on the ok
    • The message box will appear click on ok
    Now if the user will try to access the site he will have the access for the particular time only.

The feature of the parental control is really good one. I am also using trend micro internet security which will be really good security software I ever used. And the feature is one of the best features. I have done this for my user accounts. I have total of four user accounts. So I have limited three of other users in my house to access the internet at the particular time only. Its good feature which will help us to maintain user access.

If you want to block the websites you can follow the below steps to do this
    • Start trend micro internet security using program files or double clicking on the icon on the right corner.
    • Now go to Internet and email control
    • Under this select setting in protection against web treats.
    • Windows will appear
    • Now click on the activate protection against web threats checkbox.
    • Now click on approve website if you want to approve the site or click on the block website if you want to block the website.
    • The windows will pops up after clicking which has the list of the websites which are approved or blocked.
    • Click on the add to add new website
    • To add the website you can follow different ways
    o The first is add the address of a website where you have to add the entire website url in it.
    o Second one is import address of the url recently used it will import the addresses of the url form the recently browsed sites.
    o Third one is importing address of the url form the internet explorer favorites.
    • Select include all the website of selected checkbox.
    • Click ok.

The feature of blocking of the sites is good one. It will helps you to block the websites which are fake .which will trick you to get the details about yourself. It will also helps to block the sites which are used for phishing or having the poor reputation. If you added the site in the blocking list you cannot able to get the access to site through the browser. If you need the access you have to add the site in trend micro approved list itself. This feature makes me block all the sites available which cause the problems.