Thread: Can we use other antivirus software with Trend Micro Antivirus

Can we use other antivirus software with Trend Micro Antivirus

I have one question regarding the antivirus software. Right now I am using Trend Micro Internet Security pro which I have purchased and installed on my system. Its good one still I want to run other antivirus and spyware detection software with it. Like webroot, avg or avast. Since I am slightly confused about its compatibility with other antivirus software. I want to use multiple antivirus software’s so can anyone suggest me that it is working perfectly or not. Please provide guidance regarding it.

Re: Can we use other antivirus software with Trend Micro Antivirus

You are asking about installing multiple antivirus software in single system at a same time. But actual rule is that you can use only one antivirus at a time I will tell you why sometimes multiple antivirus software can cause the conflicts between each other and therefore none of them works perfectly and you will face a problem. So I will suggest you to use the single antivirus software in operating system. Which will protect you very well.

Yes what he says is the correct multiple security tools in single system is not the good way for protecting the system. If you use multiple security tools it will hogs the system resources. Due to that the system will cause slowness and performance issue with the system. Trend micro has no of free tools which you can use to protect from malwares or spywares so use those don’t install any other antivirus. You can get the details of the free tools which you can use trough the Trend Micro website so go there and use there tools only.

I don’t know why you need other antivirus software since you have Trend Micro Internet Security pro within the system installed. It is the good antivirus software which will protect you from all the viruses, spywares. So don’t use other antivirus software or spyware detection software with it. It will cause the overlapping within the firewall also which will cause the protection issue with the incoming viruses form internet.

Yes I think you can use other antivirus and spyware detection software with Trend Micro Internet Security pro. I don’t see any problem using it. But on my old pc some confliction is causing while the system starts up. So if you are using good internet security software what is the need of using other antivirus software since the antivirus software you are using is capable of it. And other thing I want to mention you that the freeware always gives you decent protection form incoming threats.

I am right now using Trend Micro Internet Security pro 2010 version. Before that I have the Trend Micro Internet Security pro 2009, Trend Micro Internet Security pro 2008. I don’t faced any problem while using the any other security software with it. Right now I am using Spy Sweeper with it. One of the advantage of using multiple security software is that the trend and spy sweeper detects threats differs while scanning so I will be more secure.

Right now I have installed the Trend Micro Titanium. Before that I have used all the internet security package of trend micro itself. And using the spy sweeper with those and while using both I haven’t faced any conflicts or performance issues. But when I installed the Trend Micro Titanium it will forced me to remove the other security software which will cause conflicts. So try not to install other software with it if you have newer version of Trend Micro Titanium since it is causing major problem if we use spy sweeper or other one with it.