Thread: Cannot do Network Printing after upgrading the firmware of ASUS RT-N56U router

Cannot do Network Printing after upgrading the firmware of ASUS RT-N56U router

I amusing ASUS RT-N56U wireless router in my office with which I have connected my cannon printer all the things were going good. Before some days I have upgrade my router firmware and after doing that main problem started. Now whenever I connect my printer with my router at that time my router recognize the printer properly but my laptop cannot detect printer. If anyone has solution then please help me.

Re: Cannot do Network Printing after upgrading the firmware of ASUS RT-N56U router

I would like to tell you that you should first check that all the settings you have done properly for you r router and printer. Sometimes due to wrong setting also this kind of problem can take. First of all you have to disconnect all the cables from your router and after that you have to connect all the things again properly and after connecting all the cables check whether your laptop can detect the Pinter or not? if you want any more information then let me know.

Re: Cannot do Network Printing after upgrading the firmware of ASUS RT-N56U router

Well I think you should try to solve this problem by reinstalling the ASUS RT-N56U utilities. First of all you have to remove the ASUS RT-N56U utilities from your laptop and after uninstalling that you have to restart the laptop and after restarting the laptop you have to install the ASUS RT-N56U utilities again in your laptop. Now after installing the ASUS RT-N56U utilities see whether it makes any difference or not.

In my system I was facing the same problem and after that I have solve the problem by installing the updated ASUS RT-N56U utilities from the official website of the Asus. As you have said that you have upgraded your router firmware and I think you have to upgrade the ASUS RT-N56U utilities also according to your firmware. You have to click here DOWNLOAD to download the ASUS RT-N56U utilities.

If you are still facing the same problem after installing the ASUS RT-N56U utilities also then I think you should try to solve this problem by doing following steps. First you have to remove the utilities which you have currently installed in your system and after that you have to also remove the printer drivers. Now after removing all these you have to restart the laptop. Now after that you have to first install the utilities and then install the printer drivers again in your laptop and after that your problem will get solved.

Well after looking at your replies I have checked all the settings and there was nothing wrong with my setting and after that I have also tried to solve this problem by reinstalling the utilities in my laptop but that trick doesn’t help me to solve this issue. Now after that I have tried to solve this issue by resetting my router also but still I am facing the same problem. Now please tell me what I should do to solve this issue. Any help will be appreciated.

Well if you are facing the same issue again and again after trying to several tricks to solve this issue then I will suggest you to rollback to old firmware as it is a stable version and it will work perfectly with your printer. I hope with old firmware you will not face any issue.

I had the same issue with FW 1.0.1.7c with the ASUS router. I went back to 1.1.0.4 and powered down my router, modem and computer. In addition I removed the printer profile on my notebook to setup the printer again as a new one. It worked. I set it up as a local printer using the IP address of the router TCP/IP port. 192.168.1.1 is the default I believe.
    Good luck!