Thread: Unable to connect to the internet through the Cisco router

Unable to connect to the internet through the Cisco router

I have purchased the Asus pc six month ago. And I also have the internet connection. When I try to plug in the router the system detects the connection. My problem is the connection failed and ask me to input manual setting. and the corner says my static or dynamic IP address is wrong. When I try to connect my cable modem directly to my laptop then the internet works fine. I also try to use the original firmware. I come to know that the problem is with the router. Can anyone give me some suggestion for fixing the issue. Please help me.

Re: Unable to connect to the internet through the Cisco router

I read your problem and come to know that I can give you some solution for your problem. You can try to install N16 router. And I want to give you suggestion to use firmware 1.0.1.9. You can also try to use the power cycle the router and cable modem. This makes some difference. I think the problem is in the router only. You can also run the QIS with the dynamic IP option. Sometimes the router will able to get an ip address. I think this will help you to solve the problem.

I think I can give you some advice to give you an idea about the problem. I want to share my experience with you. My router was dropped the connection after 10-15 minutes and I could not get an IP address after that. I spent many hours on the phone to my ISP and the only possibilities are that the MAC address of my previous router is cached and will empty at the time, or the router is broken. I will try to configure the router again after a couple of days. If this does not work, go to the store for a replacement. If anyone has any idea I'm very interested in hearing them.

After reading your description I conclude that I have some suggestion to your problem. I suggest to use the 7.0.2.34 firmware from Asus authenticated site. I had several outstanding issues that were corrected by the firmware. He is listed as a beta firmware, and "Russia only" in procedure according to my consideration, but it has been better experience me few a few months. I think this will work for you. if not then you have to use some other way.

I think your problem is not so rare in this field. So I think I can give you some advice to fix this kind of issue. For that you have to check out the connection properly and then to use the better connections like Ethernet cable and all that. Then after you have to use the proper service provider for the connection. Some providers does not have the good connectivity so that can be the reason for this kind of problem. So try to use these techniques.

I want to tell you that you have some common option for the problem like this. You have to get replacement for your product. If you have the warranty on your product then you have to go for replacement. This is the best option for you. If you don’t have the warranty then also you can get the replacement. Go for the Ebay where you get the better option for that. You mentioned that you have the Cisco router so you can get better support from Cisco itself.