Thread: Asus RT-N56U has print server in Macbook Air

Asus RT-N56U has print server in Macbook Air

I require to have some kind of explanation regarding how to attach the print server toward MacBook Air. The drivers cannon mp470 are installed within the mac. I cannot understand how to put in this phantom print server as of N56U. Other than this, it took 2 sec as of windows through clicking Start/computer/network/add printer/network printer. I cannot understand that why Apple is not able to judge these king of things.

Re: Asus RT-N56U has print server in Macbook Air

If the printer driver installed in your computer is corrupted or not functioning properly then you might have the problem similar to this. Outdated driver can also cause the similar issues. So there are more chances that this is because of the driver issue in our computer. If you want to get rid of this then just install the latest available printer driver in your computer and restart the computer. This will solve the problem that you are facing with this.

I am having somewhat similar problem with printing from the Snow Leopard Macbook Pros. When I try to print then it shows me some kind of time out error and changes the printing status to pause. Sorry for not starting the new thread as I thought this will better for asking this question as we both have somewhat similar problem. I have already tried with the driver update but that do not work for me. I hope that we will get some working solution for this soon.

I would like to tell you that if you are using any wireless printer then first of all you will have to attach them through the USB. I am having the Canon PIXMA MP600R and have connected them through USB first and once the setup gets completed without any problem and you have no problem with the printing then you can switch to the wireless mode. This is the only thing that I can tell you and hope that it will help you too.

While you setup the printer within OSX then you should enter 192.168.1.1 inside the Queue or else it will not function. on the other hand you be able to enter LPRServer . I have got my Xerox Phaser to function absolutely now. Therefore to setup the printer you will have ot go to the System Preferences > Print & Fax > Click on + (to put in new printer) > Select IP. Now this will be able to detect the printer without any problem. Enter LPRServer inside Queue and also enter any name you desire to provide to printer.

ThumbsUp Re: Asus RT-N56U has print server in Macbook Air

Quote Originally Posted by BiGMaCHiNe View Post
    While you setup the printer within OSX then you should enter 192.168.1.1 inside the Queue or else it will not function.
    Great man, that's what helped! Your advice helped me at last to set up my printer successfully. All day I was struggling with connecting my brother hl-2030 printer wirelessly. I attached the printer via usb unto to the wireless router (asus rt-n56u) and tried to connect my iMac to the printer. It is not enough to write the router's IP in the Address-field, but one must, as you said, to write the IP address in the Queue-field. Thanks again!

I'm having trouble using the same N56U router w/ a HP LaserJet 1320. The router recognizes the printer as being connected to it via USB and says it is "Enabled."

However, when I try to add it on my laptop (MacBook Pro) via wireless connection to the router, my laptop can't find the printer. I tried using the suggestion about in regards to inputting the IP address into the Queue box but no dice there either.

The printer works when connected directly via USB but I'm unable to use my laptop to connect to it via the wireless router.

Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by odub View Post
    I'm having trouble using the same N56U router w/ a HP LaserJet 1320. The router recognizes the printer as being connected to it via USB and says it is "Enabled."

However, when I try to add it on my laptop (MacBook Pro) via wireless connection to the router, my laptop can't find the printer. I tried using the suggestion about in regards to inputting the IP address into the Queue box but no dice there either.

The printer works when connected directly via USB but I'm unable to use my laptop to connect to it via the wireless router.
    There are many people who are having same problem with the same router and printer. So of them were able to fix this issue by using the IP Address method given, but others couldnt. Your best bet would be to run Windows in Virtual Environment and install its latest drivers, then you could be able to use the wireless printer connection. Otherwise until there is a proper fix to this issue, we dont have much choice.

ya mac may have its issues

not that i would know but i am pretty sure that people who bought a macbook or other mac computers wont want to run windows inside mac or they migh as well have bought a windows comp not a mac

But who am i to judge after all i am triing to find a mac emulator that actually works and i use linux in virtualbox but still

but linux has alwys been good at finding and using the correct drivers for the hardware i use