Thread: Is ycf.exe virus file?

Is ycf.exe virus file?

Hello mine system I have infected by the ycf.exe virus file recently and this is has been found while I am starting the system. I am using the windows XP system and last night working on the system I have got the error message saying that: “system root/windows/system32/autochk.exe not found” and along with the blue screen. And after that when I start the system it takes long tm to open and I am not able to view wallpaper that is set by me. Now I don’t what to do and how to get ride the issue. Can anyone help on this and so that I can solve mine issue.

Re: Is ycf.exe virus file?

First of all I would like suggest you to make scan on your system and after make sure ycf.exe virus file are deleted or not. If you have installed the any antivirus on your system and after that make certain that you have updated and after that make scan on your system. If you have not installed the any antivirus on your system and after that you need to make install new antivirus and after that by making scan you can remove the ycf.exe virus file on your system. I hope this will help you to solve the issue.

Make system file checker on your system and after that let me know the issue. To make system file checker make click on the run on the start and after that type cmd on the run and after that click on the ok button. now you will get the command prompt and under that type the below code and after that click on the enter key:
    Sfc/scannow
    Once finished and after that reboot the system for best result.

The ycf.exe virus will locate to the below location on the registry editor and to remove the ycf.exe virus you just need to go through the below location and after that delete the all key that are assigned below. To do this you need to open the registry editor and to do this makes click on the run n the start and under that type: regedit and after that click on the ok button. Now you will get the registry editor and under that go to the below location:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Dropper.Generic.YCF
    Now make right click on this key and after that delete the key and after that reboot the system.

Run Chkdsk at the command prompt and after your able to solve the issue. To run the Chkdsk at the command prompt first you need to open the open the command prompt and to do this make click on the start icon and after that click on the run. Now on the run type: cmd and after that click on the ok button. now you will get the command prompt and after that type the below and then make click on enter key:
    chkdsk volume:/f
    Now once you done and after that let me know the issue.

Do the blow steps and after that you will able to remove the all virus that are infected on your system. To do this go to the below location.
    • %ProgramFiles%\Dos.Win32.VB.ycf \unins000.exe
    • %ProgramFiles%\Dos.Win32.VB.ycf\PC Doc Pro Scheduler.exe
    Now here delete the all EXE file and after that I’d also suggest you to make delete the all ycf.exe related file by making manual search.

I would like to suggest you to make repair your operating system and after that let me know the issue. To repair your operating system you need to have operating system CD. First insert the OS CD or DVD and reboot the system. While rebooting the system hit the nay key and after that you will get the windows and under that type the all appropriate info and then make click on the next. Know here click on the repair and after that let me know the issue.