Thread: Spyware Doctor conflicts with Zone Alarm

Spyware Doctor conflicts with Zone Alarm

I have a problem with the new anti-virus I installed. I recently removed Norton Internet Security 2007 as it was so annoying. I then purchased & installed Zone Alarm Internet Security with no problems. Also, I read that I should also install anti-spywares along with it for better result. I also read that Spy Sweeper conflicts with Zone Alarm so I bought Spyware Doctor. But during installation. But then, during installation I got the blue screen of death and it stopped. After a couple more tries, I restarted my PC in safe mode and removed the anti-spyware. After that the computer started okay. So my question is if anyone knows any other anti-spyware that doesn’t conflict with Zone Alarm.

Re: Spyware Doctor conflicts with Zone Alarm

I think the problem is with the Norton you used earlier. Yes, it’s still giving you problems. When removing any Norton programs, you need to remove the Removal tool as the normal add/remove doesn’t completely remove the anti-virus and its registry entries. Find the Norton Removal tool on web and use it. This incomplete uninstall may cause conflicts with your new anti-virus and so you may be getting them with the spyware. Try this and tell me the results.

Hello, I downloaded and ran the program. It didn’t find anything and then is just got hang. I had to close it from the task manager. I removed Norton Internet Security 2007 (using the Control Panel), and it seemed to work okay. But I cannot seem to remove Norton SystemWorks from the add/remove folder. It still is present there and does not respond. Also tried to uninstall it from the original CD still no use. This Norton has given me so many problems I am never gonna use it again. But still I can’t seem to find a spyware without conflicting with Zone Alarm.

I also had a problem when I installed Spy Sweeper along with Zone Alarm. It really does conflict with it. After consulting with the Zone Alarm techies and trying different firewalls I finally decided to remove the Spyware. I then downloaded Spy Doctor, and it works well now without any conflicts. You should check if you have the latest version of the spyware to see if it does. Since it is working for me, I don’t think it’s the problem with the spyware. Maybe it is with the conflict with Norton only,