Thread: to work with NIC after reboot in Intel Server Board S5000PSL

to work with NIC after reboot in Intel Server Board S5000PSL

I have purchased the Intel Server Board S5000PSL with two 82563EB one month ago. I also have the dual physical NIC ports. I am the user of Windows Server 2003 operating system. The user created teaming (Adaptive Load Balancing Mode) with the two NICs and it works also. There are two active NICs and 200Mbps in total. The main problem is I cannot to work with NIC after reboot. Can anyone give me some suggestion for solving this problem? Please help me.

Re: to work with NIC after reboot in Intel Server Board S5000PSL

I read your problem and come to know that you may have hardware problem. so here I am giving you some information to you. Teamwork in the devices that are enabled for use of an engine management system, in this case, the management controller (BMC) may experience problems when team members are not available. If the devices are enabled for IPMI Remote Management, BMC IP stack will also have access to the port and the device cannot be available for teamwork. If you are not doing remote management of server, you can probably disable access management to the Ethernet port. If it does, the "disabled" port issue will disappear.

After reading your issue I want to tell you to solve your problem. The first issue is the most likely cause, but another possibility is that the probes sent by the main port to see if other members are active are being blocked. The default configuration of the probes is the use of emissions to reach the other members. If emissions were blocked for some reason the change then a port on the computer display with disabilities. If this is the case, you can try to disable the probes. In this way you can solve your problem. I think this may help you.

Here I am giving you some advice to you. This may or may not be helpful to you. You can configure the probes on the Advanced tab in the Windows Device Manager using the Properties button. First try disabling probes Send. If all ports are active, then you have probably found the cause of a port is disabled. This is the proper way to solve this kind of question. But I am not sure about the result but you can try this on for better experience. Thank you.