Thread: Topic: Is it Possible to use 3G USB dongle or portable 3G router for Asus Transfer?

Topic: Is it Possible to use 3G USB dongle or portable 3G router for Asus Transfer?

Guys a heartfelt thanks for giving me the web links on my post o tethering TF to a cell phone but it looks like enough for instead of the use of TF for the internet supply to other devices I was unable to find any detailed help I browsed internet for devices that could simplify using Wireless fidelity only TF to serf internet using 3G and got these results but wonder if it will work.

Re: Topic: Is it Possible to use 3G USB dongle or portable 3G router for Asus Transfer?

Well you cannot access to a USB dongle or whatever USB devices until the device drivers for those have not been written by android or the device manufacturer. When I tried it myself I established a connection to my notebook to the 3G dongle, made the software run and then established online connection tethered the TF to the notebook to use the internet connection. I have already tethered my phone for the internet connection to the phone.

Re: Topic: Is it Possible to use 3G USB dongle or portable 3G router for Asus Transfer?

Thanks buddy!!!! But my notebook itself is a TF, so I am just required to tether it to a mobile phone which is 3G enabled. I am having a HTC Smartphone which is a touch pro 2 do I need to install tethering software on this. The Os in it is Windows Mobile Operating System. the most surprising thing is that the menu of wireless of TF Setting the option of tethering is for the TF instead of other way round .

I have the Huawei E583C which simply works superb and the other advantage is that my girlfriends iPad2 can also share one 3G Sim through wireless on my TF.The best solution since the software installation is not needed or rooting it has the feature that it simply proposes a wireless fidelity hotspot (on a single 3G Sim ) .On my wifi only net can be shared by only TF.

Cool...the device driver for it has already been written. Although for me right now it’s too much of a hassle…In my home I do have WIFI so no need for it. Its Ok for me as I tether it to my notebook only. As they are too few my non domestic and non official uses I am Ok with tethering to my phone until an Android 3G model is launched by someone.