Thread: AVG LinkScanner blocking Facebook game Frontierville

AVG LinkScanner blocking Facebook game Frontierville

For now I am using AVG 2011 free edition description 10.0.1390 as well as Firefox 5.0.1. Both are running on Windows 7 platform. However the AVG has LinkScanner and I hope that most of you might be very much familiar with this. The annoying thing is this LinkScanner blocking Facebook game pages for example Frontierville. I am not capable to load page in order to play the game. While I put out of action LinkScanner the whole thing works very well. Firefox did not point to that LinkScanner was mismatched with 5.0 otherwise 5.0.1. When will be going to get fix?

Re: AVG LinkScanner blocking Facebook game Frontierville

The primary concern when browsing the Internet is to come across websites that contain viruses or malicious files on the computer. The only access to one of these sites could cause damage to protected computers from virus, as often these applications are not easily detected by security software. To combat this widespread plague, the laboratories have recently AVG Technologies released AVG LinkScanner too , a plug-in for browsers , which enables each user to control and filter prior to loading, the suspected sites. The software performs a real scan all pages and links contained in them before the opening of access to the site. In order to solve your issue you should put the facebook link on Trusted sites list.

AVG LinkScanner is included in all AVG security products. They protect 110 million people worldwide and have received numerous awards for it. LinkScanner can now run as standalone software together with your current anti-virus software. This will provide you an additional layer of security for protected searching as well as surfing. If you really don’t want the Linkscanner to get installed with AVG then, you can just install AVG 8.0 without LinkScanner:
    • Download the. exe file
    • Go to start> run and type:
    • c: \ name. exe file / REMOVE_FEATURE fea_AVG_SafeSurf / REMOVE_FEATURE fea_AVG_SafeSearch

So you get warnings that you're not protected anymore.

LinkScanner Surf-Shield checks the website before the call, both for clicks on links or by typing the page address. Suspected or known to be dangerous at first site, the software blocks and displays a red warning. This is a practical example, protection against so-called rogue software that exposes not necessarily a normal virus protection. If anti-virus block games so they are infected with computer viruses all simply. If you really want to resolve this thing then you should enter exceptions in the options!

For games on Facebook to load, you require third-party content to permit the Flash plug-in .
    • Go toward the Global Storage Settings panel within Flash Player .
    • Make sure that third-party Flash content to permit information to your PC store is checked.

There might be several reasons for your issue:
    • Settle on whether an extension otherwise theme your trouble.
    • Conclude whether a plug-in your crisis.
    • Positive kinds of malicious software might have issues connecting to Facebook source.
    • Facebook is recognized for regularly making changes toward the system.

AVG LinkScanner is designed to work on Windows XP, Vista and supports both Internet Explorer as well as Firefox browsers. Highly useful software to maintain a high degree of security on the Internet. For your issue I urge you to just try to uninstall and reinstall the plugins affected by the "Tools-Add-Plugin". Make a thorough cleaning of the browser (options). If games are made in flash, just do not have it installed or need updating. The same if java. I have the same game with some websites. In Firefox, the game does not load but in IE does. So I have multiple browsers installed.