Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2011

Need a firmware upgrade for Airtel Wifi Router 450 TC1

Hello everyone I have made this thread so that I can get some necessary suggestions for the firmware upgrade of this router. Well I have this router at my place and what I feel is that there should be a necessary firmware upgrade for this router and hence that?s what I feel here. so what do you all think about the same. can you please comment on that. I think there must be some upgrade released ofr the router as soon as possible. So that?s all what I want to say here. do have a look at the same and let me know if there is some suggestions for the firmware upgrade, please do let me know about the same. I am waiting for the necessary replies from you all on the same.
Old 09-08-2011

Re: Need a firmware upgrade for Airtel Wifi Router 450 TC1

Well I really don?t think so any firmware upgrade has been released for the router. Well the default firmware that has been used by 450 TC1 is the tm4-0q-008 version and I really don?t think so there has been any update after that, that?s what I want to say here. so what I am saying is that I need to thank you all guys for making this thread, so that the airtel people do think of releasing some firmware upgrade for the same, so that?s what I think, anyways you guys deserve some credit for making this thread.
Old 09-08-2011

Yes the firmware upgrade should be there so that we get a lot of advance features for bandwidth monitoring. So I think that?s the benefit of the firmware upgrade and also it will improve the speed of the broadband with the current speed that we all are getting. I think the firmware upgrade will do bring up some good benefits and hence what I am saying is that there should be some changes done as soon as possible. So that?s what I want to say here.
Old 09-08-2011

One suggestion that I have for you all is that firmware?s from Tomato is quite good and will serve as a perfect choice for the firmware upgrade for the present router. That?s what I feel. it has a easy-to-use web interface and also built-in bandwidth monitor for better monitoring of the router, that?s what I think. So do look out for the necessary firmware upgrade from the tomato, that will be the perfect suggestion that I can give at this moment of time. Visiting the official website of the tomato will give more details on the latest version available.
Old 09-08-2011

I think for the wireless users the best firmware available for the router would be DD-WRT and that is based on OpenWRT kernel. It is said to have some good features that will improve the speed of the router, so that?s what I am saying here. if I had to give one more suggestions then I would surely suggest you all to go ahead and check with the OpenWRT, it is a firmware that is meant for the advanced users. So if you are belonging to that category then that would be a certain option for sure. So do work on that and check out the necessary firmware?s as of now I have only these two options in my mind. So that?s it from my side for you all.
Old 09-08-2011

For me the tomato firmware?s are the better one then the one that is suggested above i.e. open wrt and all. I really don?t think so that will be the effective one that?s what I feel and hence that?s what I want to say here. I think so the latest version that is available is the Tomato 1.28 version and hence that?s what you need to opt for. So visit the official website of the tomato firmware and you will get the necessary firmware?s In the form of zip files from there only. So that?s what you need to do and hence that?s what I think would be the perfect suggestion for you.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,