Thread: Realtek Network Controller not found in gigabyte 990fx-ud5 motherboard

Realtek Network Controller not found in gigabyte 990fx-ud5 motherboard

I have a computer at home with 990fx-ud5 motherboard. When my computer goes into sleep mode, network controller gets turned off. The issue occurs when my PC wakes up. The network controller doesn’t come on and I get an error like “Realtek Network Controller not found. IF Deep Sleep Mode is enabled please plug the Cable" in the device manager the network adapter is not listed. I have installed and uninstalled the drivers but yet nothing has happened. I have cleared the CMOS. I have experimented many methods but nothing has worked for me till now. Please help!

Re: Realtek Network Controller not found in gigabyte 990fx-ud5 motherboard

I would like to ask you that which bios you are using. The latest version is F4 so if you don’t have this version then I would ask you to get this version and update the bios with this version. To check the version, click the start button go to run and there type msinfo32 in the text box and press OK. You will get the bios version information. So accordingly you can decide. I hope this will work.

Well let me know that have you installed chipset drivers or just lan drivers. Make sure that you have installed both have them. If you have not then I would suggest you to download and install. Once you download and install it then reboot the system. You will get all the drivers from the internet. Just search on the internet and you will find many searches to download the drivers. I hope this will help you

I think you should re install the operating system. Which operating system were you using? Just install the operating system and then download all the software’s and drivers required. If you don’t have few of them then download it from the internet and get them installed in your system. This will resolve your problem for sure. I had done the same thing and it solved my problem.

Install the latest driver for the Ethernet card as the problem is related to it. Install the network card reinstall the system. Tell me if the problem occur after you reinstalled your NIC? If so it could be an IRQ conflict which could probably be resolved by moving the NIC to a different PCI slot. If didn't solve the problem then you need to update driver of you ethernet card.

I would suggest you to reset the motherboard. After resetting the motherboard, restart your system and if the problem persists that means if you still get the same message then I think there is big issue. Then I think you can go for a new Ethernet adaptor. Go to the nearest hardware shop and ask them to guide you. I hope your problem will get resolved after that.

Download realtek network card drivers from the website. Downloading and installing will solve your problem for sure. You can make sure that the network controller doesn’t go into the sleep mode by following these steps.
    Go to Device Manager (start>>control panel>>choose system and security>>click device manager)
    Then open network controller properties (by double clicking the network adapters to expand it then double click the realtek network controller then,
    Turn off deep sleep mode by choosing the power management tab and untick “allow the system to turn off this device to save power” hope this helps