Thread: how to use MTNL-TKD 318 EUI Router with Airtel broadband

how to use MTNL-TKD 318 EUI Router with Airtel broadband

I am using airtel broadband from 4 years. I haven’t taken there modem while purchasing the plan. I had a MTNL T-KD-318-EUI router which I am using with it. Best thing of this modem is that Airtel cant able to determine my download usage while using. So fair usage policy of them didn’t affect me. I am trying to do port forwarding with this modem. But accidently I hit the reset to factory default restore button. And everything was set to default settings. Now whenever I try to connect to internet trough it I can’t able to connect to internet. is there any way to resolve this problem.

Re: how to use MTNL-TKD 318 EUI Router with Airtel broadband

I am also faced such a problem with my modem that I can’t able to connect to the internet. So try to change the settings of your modem to required one. You can do this by calling the customer care of the airtel. Try to contact them they will provide you the solution. If still the modem doesn’t work try to contact the engineer. Tell him what is the actual problem you are facing with modem and when it happens. He will try to solve your problem of modem. Since actually it’s not problem of the modem just some settings are wrong.

As you said I have contacted the customer care about the problem. He tried to help me resolve the problem which I am facing. But he can’t able to solve the problem. So he told me that they will send the engineer to resolve the issue. He came to my place to solve the problem but cant able to solve it. He says that modem was not supported by the back-end. I have been confused while he says that. So i told him that the modem is supporting before the problem but why it’s not supporting. he make the bridge connection on the modem to make internet accessible. But one of the drawback of it is you cannot use more than one connection with it.

I want to help you to configure your modem to work.
    Try to follow the steps below to configure.
    • Open internet explorer
    • Type "http: //192.168.1.1/ " in it
    • Now enter username as admin and password as admin.
    • Click on wan
    • Select WAN Settings as PPPoE/PPPoA mode
    • Click on apply
    • Now go to tools >Misc
    • Now click on save and reboot
    • Window will appear with the message of reboot
    Do this it will solve your problem of connection.
    Again go to "http: //192.168.1.1/ " and check whether router is connected to internet or not in the device status.

Thanks for providing the solutions. I have tried to do this but still can’t able to connect to the internet. Also the engineer tried this but no help with this. Also tried to connect using the PPPoE mode but no luck for me. But bridge mode is working for me with this modem. So I am activating it from today itself. I am currently using windows 7. And I tried to use bridge mode in it but I can’t able to do that.

Do you connecting your router using wifi or usb since the above settings provided are used for wifi only. And as you say about the bridge mode then I think the bridge mode is not compatible with the windows 7. So you have to downgrade to windows XP because it supports bridge mode. So try to downgrade to windows xp and connect to the internet it will work.

Why you are wasting time using time for using the modem with bridge mode. There has to be manual with you for this modem. Read the modem manual for extra instruction. There has to be the settings which has to be done with the PPPoE . While doing the settings you have to enter the Airtel id and password during the setup. Now try to connect the modem. It will solve.
    If the router is connected with USB, router home page changes to //192.168.1.2/
    • So while configuration,open router page as //192.168.1.2/
    • For changing router homepage back to //192.168.1.1/ , open the router homepage,
    • goto LAN
    • change the USB IP address as //192.168.1.1/
    • Click on Apply
    • Go to Tools --> Misc Click on Save & Reboot