Thread: Black hole virus Detected.

Black hole virus Detected.

I'm running windows7 with AVG. Whenever i am trying to open any images through Windows picture and fax viewer, I'm getting almost continuous warning that Black-hole Exploit.13 detected. I have a pop up with the message of each or two seconds, while the program is running and usually for a time after closing the program. Can anyone help me on this? i tried scanning several times but this message does not go is this a virus or some problem with my computer?

Re: Black hole virus Detected.

Yesterday my computer contacted a virus exploiting black holes when I was on line to check my email, during my earlier scans AVG had quarantined certain files and we removed it from there. AVG said - "PJS.exe process has detected" and "PJS.exe quarantined process." We had some registry errors and when you click a shortcut to a program on the desktop / tray, the windows could not find the program and ask what we want to use to open with program

I have been observing a series of attacks in a period of three hour’s on Monday night / Tuesday morning with the Beta site (which I used exclusively for over a month). I am located in the southwest of France, running IE8 in Windows 7 ultimate. MacAfee Internet Security 2011 blocks all attacks with details of the "URL attacker" that varied each time. I also associate it with ads, since in each case, the warning came just MacAfee at the time that the banner ad at the top of the landing page. I also realized that the ads will take much longer than usual to show, what caught my attention. I have not had MacAfee warnings since.

I received two attempted attacks exploit BlackHole yesterday (I know) used Windows Vista SP2. Both were detected by AVG 2011 and received a while using Chrome v9.0 and the other while using IE 8. This happened while I was surfing two well-known websites According to a press release from Symantec on February 18, 2011:"Symantec has been monitoring the BlackHole toolbox, which has a powerful set of exploits and is spreading like wildfire. Currently, the toolkit is to exploit more common in nature and can be easily compared Neosploit with the likes of Phoenix and in terms of the number of affected users "

Apparently this security threat works by inserting frames real fake websites, which redirects the user to a server containing the exploit toolkit black holes. It is encouraging that Smart Screen Filter IE8s me from being redirected while Chrome does not seem to notice. He also visited a web site statistics virus yesterday, which showed that such attacks have increased significantly in recent days. Unfortunately, I cannot move that site to get the latest information

This definitely looks like a virus or a Trojan. did you recently opened any spam mail or downloaded any songs or any content from the net if yes than most probably the Trojan entered your PC through that content. The removal process of the Trojan's are really a pain. In most cases to remove the Trojan you require lot of "anti" software i.e. malware removal, ad-ware removal,anti virus, worms, bugs etc.. only than your computer can be Trojan free. and in future to avoid such trouble don't download anything from unsecured sites or open any unknown mails or click on pop ups.