Thread: Antivirus Alerts: fake or genuine

Antivirus Alerts: fake or genuine

I got an alert about the security of my computer from the antivirus I recently installed AVG Internet security early in the morning when I was browsing the net. The pop up came and lasted for a second I couldn’t check the details of the threat , but later when tried to check the details of the threat in the security logs I couldn’t find anything regarding the threat. This left me confused. Was the threat able to penetrate my computers security that’s the reason no logs are available or was it a fake alert.

Re: Antivirus Alerts: fake or genuine

You’re computer might have been infected with "SWP2009" malware. I got infected with the same virus during surfing the net I accidently clicked a pop up, and since then the trouble started I used to randomly get messages to update my antivirus, or sometimes it would state that virus detected and when I clicked to disinfect the virus it again redirected me to update my antivirus. While searching on Google I found various malware removal software’s & I installed one of them, and ran a malware check and in the end it detected "SWP2009" malware found after deleting the malware my computer came to its normal self..

I have this virus a couple of times each time after going on the net. first few times I did a system scan with Norton and full got rid of it, the last time that I had connected it to a guests account on my laptop and found that the virus didn’t affect the guest account, so I opened my task manager and found that the process was related to the virus, I killed that process with the help of task manager. Once I had closed the pop up’s I did a complete system scan with Norton again and got rid of the malware, the last time I did I could not scan my properly because of all the pop-ups, but at the end of the process I got rid of all the pop-ups .

The issue that you have might be simple. Sometimes when you have software that uses the net these type of alerts are usual. When you are using the application and at the same time the application is trying to use the internet. The system’s firewall or the antivirus takes those requests to access the net by the application as virus attack and thus blocks it, but as you’re using the application and the alert happens to be recorded at the same time, that’s the reason the antivirus doesn’t logs, the details of the threat as it is actually not a thread. Hence The warning pop up you saw is most likely from Link Scanner, and as the Infection was blocked no harm was done to your computer.

When you try to open your computer and a message that speaks of a virus detected or update antivirus. Chances are that your system is infected with what is known as freedom or outlaw worm. In addition, this worm’s or malware try to delete MP3 files from your computer. The first thing you have to do is regain entry into the registry editor and task manager. This must be done before anything else can be done. You will look at your antivirus program removal tool, download it, run it, and then re-check the items you need. From there will follow the next set of instructions to ensure that this virus has been eliminated completely.

Thank you very much for taking the time to check the issue. It's good to know what to look at the record of another time - except that now I cannot find the Mp3s that were deleted; perhaps it is deleted for good! However, thanks anyway. Thanks much for the help and the quick response. I ran a malware check; spyware check and virus check but found nothing. The alert was perhaps from the game I was trying to play as it sometimes uses internet connection to operate.