Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2011

AVG showing atrace32.dll as an Identity Threat

MY newly installed AVG antivirus has detected unique threat on a file called atrace32.dll. at the first attempt of the scan it get found. This was detected like malware TMPH4421577202262025061.TMP within my local settings which is a temp folder. I want to get a duplicate copy of the report from my details data for the reason that it detached many stuff while I had spywareguard get rid of the BHO from the time when it blocked it and AVG dig up the rest of it I presume...Is there any way to know that whether this threat is really gone or not? How do I know about this?
Old 07-08-2011

Re: AVG showing atrace32.dll as an Identity Threat

AVG Identity Protection can certainly be included among the programs that protect you from malware. His task, however, is not to scan your computer for viruses but it is definitely a good right arm for your antivirus. This program serves to analyze the passage of data that may be sneaking into the Internet. Just from the internet, in fact, are the major threats, always new. Among these are small infiltrates that create data leaks to the internet. Some of these "leaks" are lawful, that are part of the processes implemented by the programs that normally use others, however, are caused by malware. AVG Identity Protection identifies these cases and reports them. Among the several reports we can finish even one of the applications you normally use, but in this case, you just do not give approval for the blocking process.
Old 07-08-2011

When you first start updating "AVG Anti-Virus Free" automatically the latest malware signatures from the server of the manufacturer. May be your AVG can get the signature for the intention of to search and destroy that threat. The program is similar to its database at regular intervals by itself from the online updates available. If required, such as in front of a large scan job, you can also manually initiate this in the future by clicking on the button "Update Now".
Old 07-08-2011

If AVG Identity Protection detects a suspicious file, it sends a query hash (MD5) to sanasecurity site. There apparently is a database of AVG. This works somewhat like Prevx and like at the works, of course not, if no Internet connection. Then there is also the behavior blocker. Which is not quite at the level of competition. On the one hand, lacks important features such as direct media requests log and on the other hand it may just come to the situation that the "behavior blocker" recognizes the Hashabfrage an infection, but without an Internet connection allows exactly the same infection.
Old 07-08-2011

Identity Protection is a protection specifically designed to prevent identity theft, theft of passwords, bank details, credit cards, etc.. It uses behavioral analysis technology, through which checks that the programs used by the computer are functioning correctly, and if a possible threat is detected, the program is closed immediately, thus avoiding any possible danger. All this is independent of whether you use AVG software or that of another manufacturer. In short you are free to use your anti-virus favorite, yet take advantage of this wonderful product to protect your sensitive data from prying eyes.
Old 10-08-2011

As far as I know that in order to know about your threat or your issue via AVG there is a unique method which you can go through. The main thing you have to do is to exporting the VG scan result and Resident Shield detection history from your AVG antivirus. If you search about this on AVG official site you will get a complete guide about this. Usually the reports lie in History section. In that there might be several different sections which you need to examine.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , , ,